MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I recently bought back our old 2001 MR2 spyder and the cloth seat fabric is needing replaced, I've searched for months and visited multiple interior shops but can find a suitable cloth, I have a guy that can sew them and do the replacement but I cant find a nice mesh auto seat fabric to use. I know there is lots of leather and vinyl solutions but I want cloth instead. looking for a nice mesh fabric similar to the OEM but can be different color/ mesh size etc. Any help would be appreciated !
Automotive parking light Tire Car Wheel Vehicle
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Keep in mind that these are probably for RHD seats, and won't exactly fit. The "passenger" seat that J88TEO is referring to is actually the driver's seat. I have put a passenger seat cover on the driver's seat of my mk1, but I had to cut holes for the seat adjustors, and the design may not be exactly symmetric.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Keep in mind that these are probably for RHD seats, and won't exactly fit. The "passenger" seat that J88TEO is referring to is actually the driver's seat. I have put a passenger seat cover on the driver's seat of my mk1, but I had to cut holes for the seat adjustors, and the design may not be exactly symmetric.
mk3 seats - you don't need to cut holes...the don't cover the seat adjustors.
BTW, UK passenger seats are US driver seats so no alterations necessary.

·
Registered
114 Posts
In case you do not know: Celica seats are a direct bolt-in. Many of us including me use cloth Celica seats in our cars and like them a lot.
View attachment 92263
I strongly recommend this route. The seats are much more comfortable on long drives. Everyone that has sat in my car with the celica seats has commented on how much better they are than the stock MR2 seats. Also they are not a direct bolt-in. You do need to swap the rails and for me that job was a PITA.

·
Registered
MR-2 ZZW30 2001 RHD
174 Posts
Also they are not a direct bolt-in. You do need to swap the rails and for me that job was a PITA.
Since the rails bolt to the seat and fit without any modification, I would say they are direct bolt-in.
I think it is a 2 hour job to transfer the rails from Spyder seats to Celica seats.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts