MR2 SpyderChat banner
41 - 60 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts

:lol:

For the record, 10 hours by myself. Jackstands and a few redbulls. Although I had a compressor which sped things up.

I did not install the brackets that go under the storage panel (the ones where you slide the back plates over) because as far as I could tell they do not fit. With the bracket slid all the way over to the right or left (depending on the side) the holes were still off by maybe 3/4". Anyone know what I did wrong? Seems like if I cut a 3/4" off the side of the bracket it would work.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
SirCharles, everytime I see that picture, it brings me one step closer to buying V2s!

Awesome Sigh! Those brackets your reffering to fit snuggly in mine. Although it took alot to manipulate it into place.

It stiffens up the rear of the car significantly, and it better have! with the 30 holes we have to drill!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
For the people with the 2 diagonals, could you still mount your harness there?
I'm pretty sure you can since there's a dedicated harness bar. :cool:

Since this thread has been bumped, Mmmm harddog.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I'm considering a Hard Dog so I can get the Spyder on the track, but am worried about resale value. Is it possible to return the car to stock once you've installed the Hard Dog? i.e. do you have to butcher any of the interior plastics etc?

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'm considering a Hard Dog so I can get the Spyder on the track, but am worried about resale value. Is it possible to return the car to stock once you've installed the Hard Dog? i.e. do you have to butcher any of the interior plastics etc?
you can either take out the plastics or cut into them.. no way to save them

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Hey T does this mean that your going to join us at SOW on the 25th? ;)

Looks great man! :D

·
Registered
527 Posts
Hey T does this mean that your going to join us at SOW on the 25th? ;)

Looks great man! :D
Thanks. It was definitely one hell of an install!

I follow the thread but Im not going to make I on the 25th. Still too soon for me. Don't want to put the car on a Real track until I get the oil pan & temp gauge.. Planing on having the car ready for the colder winter months.....

I'm sure you guys will have a blast!.... Pictures pictures pictures

·
Registered
527 Posts
YES. She is complete. How does it feel?
Did you do it all yourself? I gave up halfway and enlisted help for mine. Cudos.
It feels great. I live on a dirt road. It's smooth as far as dirt goes but there is a few odd/uneven spots, that's where u can really notice the improved stiffness.

I did most of it by myself the only help I had was my mom:lol:. I'm not going to lie, it pretty much took me four full days. Now that it's all said & done I could care less how long it took as I am completely thrilled with the end result.

However, there were two backing plates I could not get on. Two that go into the tunnel. With small modification I got the 3 hole backing plates into the tunnel & all secured. But I could not get the 4 hole backing plates into the tunnel, even with cutting them smaller... Does anyone know if this will stop me from passing tech???????

·
Registered
83 Posts
Joined club hard dog last week. 14hrs of work plus a few more for little side projects, like find a way to mount the stock wind deflector back. I missed the look of it and the subtle purpose it served by preventing that little wind buffeting on the interstate.

Still need to trim the partition carpet for the firewall and the two side trim pieces, but other than that I should be done. Oh and probably a roll bar camera mount.

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
Joined club hard dog last week. 14hrs of work plus a few more for little side projects, like find a way to mount the stock wind deflector back. I missed the look of it and the subtle purpose it served by preventing that little wind buffeting on the interstate.

Still need to trim the partition carpet for the firewall and the two side trim pieces, but other than that I should be done. Oh and probably a roll bar camera mount.
Looks awesome man. Your FB pics last week were giving me bar envy. Maybe in the spring I can pick one up.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Wow, everyone's car looks great! :D

This club is getting bigger. ^_^

41 - 60 of 169 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.