1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
You can get ksport or D2 coilovers for under $1K. Last time I bought a set they were $800 for the cheapest model.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im new to spyer chat, i have a 01 mr2 and looking for coilovers, i saw on ebay Megan Racing Coilover Damper Kit 00-06 Toyota MR2 for $840.00 is that a good price. if some ones knows where i can get a better price please let me know..

·
Registered
6,977 Posts
for 800ish are they actually worth it?
They're not going to easily break for $800 are they?
The unit itself, being the damper and strut and all mounting poins will be fine. You might get cheaper components like universal brake and ABS line holders that you have to fit yourself. The dust gueard might be plastic instyead of rubber. Otherwise, totally worth it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I actually have a set and I am satisfied with them. ride quality is not smooth, but if you want to feel one with the car, nothing's going to be smooth. I drive my car daily as well and it's not that bad. And no, I do not work for the company. I just sampled a set and decided to keep them:thumbsup:

-pete

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
All these coilovers are the same inside. They are all made in Taiwan in the same factory. They just rebrand them for each company to sell.

They are fine for daily driving. Also if you have rough roads you may want to get spring rate of 4 front and 6 rear. Most of them come with spring rate of 6 front and 8 rear.These are a little on harsh side.

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
I have a set of Tein SS-Ps on one car and a set of Ksport Kpros on the other and I actually like them both equally. I paid almost $500 more for the Teins.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I just bought those C8s and I'm impressed with them for only being 600 dollars.

Go plenty low and personally, not too harsh for my taste. Dampening isn't as bad as I had expected and there is little to no bounce. I'd rather have stiffness than floatiness.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
They are fine for daily driving. Also if you have rough roads you may want to get spring rate of 4 front and 6 rear. Most of them come with spring rate of 6 front and 8 rear.These are a little on harsh side.
Ha. I got BCs in 8 and 10.

I HATE bumps and potholes, but I can get a wheel off the ground without even trying.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Why would you want to drive around on 3 wheels? Cars tends to handle best when all 4 tires are on the ground.
I hope you don't really think I endeavor to lose traction in my daily driving. :)

One added benefit though is that I can change front and rear brakes by only jacking each side once! (And just so no one's confused on this one, YES I do place jack stands under the thing!)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts