MR2 SpyderChat banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Really nice parts, I notice you are in Puto Rico and have a RHD front stut brace, do you have a RHD car? If you have a LHD car it wont fit. If you want to swap I bought a TRD front brace for a LHD by accident and it wont fit my car, I am in Ireland so let me know.
Sorry to jump in. ButI got a RHD TRD front struts bar. And would like to trade with you. Let me know if you are interested. I'm in Canada.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Not yet, im thinking to respray th whole car rather than painting the lip kit only , also ill probably wait until i finish the 2zz swap

·
Premium Member
'03 MR2 Spyder * '10 128i * '14 4Runner SR5
80 Posts
Hey man, just a quick couple questions about your TRD front strut brace: (1) Isn't there supposed to be like a cut-out for the brake fluid reservoir? And (2) how's you fit it without removing the frunk box cover? Every other install I've seen, people said it had to be removed. Can you still open and close it? Sorry for the stupoid questions, I'm brand new to these cars. Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey man, just a quick couple questions about your TRD front strut brace: (1) Isn't there supposed to be like a cut-out for the brake fluid reservoir? And (2) how's you fit it without removing the frunk box cover? Every other install I've seen, people said it had to be removed. Can you still open and close it? Sorry for the stupoid questions, I'm brand new to these cars. Thanks.
I think the bar will fit over the frunk lid. Just that you won't have full access to get things out of it. Like the spare tire... You can forget trying it get something that big in and out with the bar over the lid.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
For the LH drive cars theres no cutout for the brake fuid reservoir, i bought a rh drive one before and i end up swapping it with another member here, but anyways to fit it without removing the plastic shroud you have to cut around the top of the strut tower mount like i did and the lid for the spare tire will not open.. i will also modify it just adding two small hinges just at the edge where it says MR ... i will post pictures whenever i finish it

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Just an update, last month i finally received my 2zz engine , the car is at the body shop at the moment , i end up choosing to paint the lip kit and fix some small damages on the paint rather than respraying the whole car to save some money. I had cleaned a little bit of the engine and replaced some seals and parts, installed mwr reinforced oil pump gears,moroso oil pan,ppe headers,mwr oil dipstick,new oem lift bolts, and fresh flywheel with arp bolts , im still waiting for the o-ring gasket for the water pump,spark plugs seals, the main crank seal and a set of midship garage coilovers to arrive, i also recieved a competition stage 2 kit since i will daily the car that should be comfortable for it. I also drop at the machine shop my intake manifold and throttle body to port and polished them.

Here some pictures

20200614_210257.jpg

20200628_204043.jpg

20200703_210802.jpg

20200707_104103.jpg

21 - 40 of 44 Posts