MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a few minutes yesterday, so I did a rough calculation of colors by year for our facelift cars. I didn't calculate further back because the data would lose more accuracy. I took my database as the baseline. Notice I have more than 780 cars in my database and for 2003 there were no phantom grey cars. I think it would be accurate to say there were approximately XXX Black cars in 200X. There is no better data for our cars than my 2005 database. Have fun with the numbers.

Font Pattern Number Paper Parallel

·
Registered
186 Posts
This isn't disaggregated by color, but thought I would include a nice end page from one of my MR2 Spyder books that might be relevant:
Font Material property Magenta Symmetry Rectangle

Here's a picture of the full page:
Vehicle Wheel Car Tire Motor vehicle

If this is true, which I'm not sure why it wouldn't be, there's 5 lucky people in the US that got a 2006 MR-S! Anyhow, @leepear hope this is helpful in some way.

·
Registered
2001 2zz 6spd
164 Posts
This isn't disaggregated by color, but thought I would include a nice end page from one of my MR2 Spyder books that might be relevant:
View attachment 89313

View attachment 89314

If this is true, which I'm not sure why it wouldn't be, there's 5 lucky people in the US that got a 2006 MR-S! Anyhow, @leepear hope this is helpful in some way.
Which book is this from?
I've been trying to find a book to read about Spyders besides just the service manual and this forum lol. Though there are tomes of information on here, it's nice to read long format once in a while.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Which book is this from?
I've been trying to find a book to read about Spyders besides just the service manual and this forum lol. Though there are tomes of information on here, it's nice to read long format once in a while.
The book on the right. It (Toyota MR2 Coupes and Spyders) was probably my favorite read among the three. The other two have some good stuff, but the content on the MR2 you probably know already by now.

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
View attachment 89313

View attachment 89314

View attachment 89313

View attachment 89314

I am assuming total exports are US plus all other Europe etc. First column is Japan only.. It this correct? Also, I ran the numbers to the end of production and did not see a US sale car with a 6 instead of the 5 in the vin number designating it as an 06 so I doubt this is correct.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts