MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find a complete front strut kit for my 2001 MR2. I've seen them for other cars, but can't seem to find them for the spyder. My struts, boots, and bearings are bad, and seems to be cheaper and easier to buy a complete one with it all put together with all that and springs.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I don't know of any source that sells complete strut assemblies for Spyders, but you can get struts, mounts, and boots from KYB and reuse the stock springs. The only source of springs I could find was OEM, which are a bit expensive, but still listed as available

·
Registered
19 Posts
I looked around and couldn't find strut assemblies. I bought KYB struts, dust covers, bumpers and top bearings from Carid, reused the springs. The one thing I wish I had replaced was the rubber piece on top of the rear springs ( not the bearing plate). Mine were cracked but usable.

I can get complete KYB assemblies for my Sienna minivan. Inquiring minds want to know why they aren't available for Spyders

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I looked around and couldn't find strut assemblies. I bought KYB struts, dust covers, bumpers and top bearings from Carid, reused the springs. The one thing I wish I had replaced was the rubber piece on top of the rear springs ( not the bearing plate). Mine were cracked but usable.

I can get complete KYB assemblies for my Sienna minivan. Inquiring minds want to know why they aren't available for Spyders
Sales volume and age. Toyota sold less than 25,000 Spyders from 2000 - 2006. In the same period, Toyota sold almost 700,000 Siennas. They sell almost 25,000 Siennas in a 2-3 month period

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
beachbum
MR2 SpyderChat
SpyderChat Forum is a community for Toyota MR2 Spyder Enthusiasts to discuss specs, reliability and more!
Full Forum Listing