MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is parked indoors but for some reason the carpet stays wet on both the passenger side and the driver side. It seems like it never dries up. I let my car sit for 48 hours to make sure it isnt the AC condensation leaking into my carpet. 48 hours later, my carpet is still damp. Few weeks ago it was raining hard in socal and my car spent nights parked outside. I have a leak on my driver window weatherstrip and clogged soft top drainholes caused the rain to flow into the storage bin behind the seats. It would be understandable for my carpet to be wet if i parked outside in the rain but it hasnt been raining for weeks and my car is now parked in a sheltered parking spot.
Anyone can help me solve this issue?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Have mine sitting with the seats out and carpet pulled up right now. it sat for about a year outside when i got it i found one of the drains clogged and a leak at the back trough. Fixed that stuff in January but it is still wet down there so I am thinking the foam under there gets saturated and then doesn’t dry well due to lack of air and the somewhat weather proof carpet backing. I did take out the one foam piece on the passenger footwell and hanging it took 3 days to dry. Would have taken a week if it didn’t drip dry and get squeeze dried every couple hours.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
.... It seems like it never dries up. I let my car sit for 48 hours...
There is a lot of space between never and 48 hours. :LOL:

You need to get the car opened up in a dry space with fans on. Preferably warm with low humidity. Parking the car open in the sun would be good. You should still expect a few days for it to dry out completely.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had to completely remove the seats and carpets to remove the water from the inside of my Mr2. It all was caused by clogged drains and damaged draining bags. I had to remove the insulation beneath the carpets and replace them due to the amount of water they absorbed. The main pain was the replacement of the drainage bags.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had to completely remove the seats and carpets to remove the water from the inside of my Mr2. It all was caused by clogged drains and damaged draining bags. I had to remove the insulation beneath the carpets and replace them due to the amount of water they absorbed. The main pain was the replacement of the drainage bags.
Can you tell me more on this project? I may have same issues. Under glove box the carpet gets moisture on hot days that i have AC on. Moisture builds up from underneath. Will i need any parts and/or special tools?

·
Registered
157 Posts
As above, sounds like the drain for ac is clogged... excess dripping into car
Usu just a tube, Had to recently do one of my cars for the same thing... could hear sloshing in turns.
Just blasted a bit of air into drain tube 4-5 x till all came out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts