MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RLCB for sale. Have sold the car, now clearing out the garage. (making room for competitor HPDE victim, FFR 818).

Bought used and never installed. Seems to be in great condition, asking $150.
Certainly open to offers, will ship.
If interested: Cell /Text Doug: 617 947 7416

·
Registered
73 Posts
I found out this week that my Tom's RLCB had to be removed when I had the Moroso oil pan installed. Do you know if the brace could be cut, modified, and welded to clear the larger oil pan?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a question: How does this brace contribute to the car's rigidity? Maybe a bit of a silly question but some of these braces seem a bit like overkill. On the other hand a brace like this might strengthen especially wobbly parts that I don't know of. I'd love to know.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have a question: How does this brace contribute to the car's rigidity? Maybe a bit of a silly question but some of these braces seem a bit like overkill. On the other hand a brace like this might strengthen especially wobbly parts that I don't know of. I'd love to know.
I installed a complete Tom's brace kit on my Spyder. I could tell that the car was more rigid in general than before. The car was tighter, but it also introduced a bit more vibration/feel into the chassis from bumps etc. This was with the complete kit, not one brace. Will you notice this particular brace by itself? Probably not.

·
Registered
12 Posts
yeah no I understand that. I'm actually working on making replica's of all the Tom's braces (except for the illusive front one, which I'm dying to get a hold of). For most of these it's easy to make potential customers understand in what way they are functional but for this one.. not so much.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry I was out of town until tonight.
This link: https://midshiprunabout.org/mk3/3-0-bracing/ has some pictures and a "review" of sorts. I never got to install it on my car (since sold). While I think it could be fabbed up to clear a MOROSO pan, it's probably smarter to start from scratch to get the physics/design as favorable as possible. I am happy to ship to Europe!

Call or text or reply here if interested! Doug 617 947 7416

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry I was out of town until tonight.
This link: https://midshiprunabout.org/mk3/3-0-bracing/ has some pictures and a "review" of sorts. I never got to install it on my car (since sold). While I think it could be fabbed up to clear a MOROSO pan, it's probably smarter to start from scratch to get the physics/design as favorable as possible. I am happy to ship to Europe!

Call or text or reply here if interested! Doug 617 947 7416
Great! I'm still interested. Can you PM me your payment details?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts