MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys as you know i sold my beloved yellow spyder while back when i was in saint louis missouri cause i was moving and needed the funds and could not take the spyder with me to miami beach

so my heart when out when i sold it though i kept my head up and said hope all goes well in miami beach and i will buy another one

well guess what finally got another one:lol:

this time i went with a 03 model, never been more happy

its a one owner lady driven in west palm beach through out its life

sorry for the crappy pics those where some quick pics

i work and live in south beach area and have not seen many mr2's spyders here

anyone thought i would post pictures of my last baby and my new baby

i know this one is not going to stay stock for long and i get to enjoy this one way better then the last one cause of the lovely midwest weather lol

one thing i know top never goes up in miami beach :lol:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
797 Posts
The new car looks good but your former did too. You picked the right color this time though, ha. Just bought my second one, silver again but an '03 with a 202 HT. Working on some swapping out before I sell the '01.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
believe it or not i went to look at a yellow one first a 01 but when i got there the motor was knocking as in the valves knocking bad where as he told me car runs great lol and the valves knocking is no big deal when it warms up it stops haha and he told me he just had the motor rebuilt and his mechanic forgot to adjust the valves. though the motor look like it got a new head and new paint with some unknown springs on yellow wheels. the car did run and drive good but the knocking was loud until the car warmed up and he cut the main cat from the downpipe and put a straight pipe on there and i told him about it he got offended dont know why? lol

here is the ad for this one and it had 110k miles

his last asking price was 4500

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/2519320947.html

then went to look at a 2000 black one and that one was even more hacked up paint faded seats ripped top ripped in 25 spots clutch toasted no radio or speakers bald tires lol after he posted pics when he first bought it in pristine condtion and told me nothing was wrong with it over the phone and told me these where small things to worry about lol
his father in law accidently took some paint remover and thought it was cleaner and took the paint off in front bumper back bumper and quarter panel until he knew it was not wax

here is the ad btw 75k miles

his last asking price was 3900 from 5k
http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/2536490241.html

i was loosing my patience and finally found this a one owner lady driven very clean and right price so did not pass it up

color really did not matter as long as it was in good conditon

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Welcome to the neighborhood:) I am also from near St. Louis (Jefferson County), and I now enjoy the fine weather and beautiful scenery of South Florida beaches... I live in Ft Lauderdale. I go to Miami on business a lot. I was in South Beach yesterday. There are actually a lot of Spyder owners down here. Every once in a while we get a crew together--sometimes we meet up at the Friday Night Tower Car Show in Davie (they have done that thing every Friday night since 1992). Once the humidity dies down a bit in a couple months, you will love it here--especially when you are driving along the coast with the top down in shorts in January while your friends in the Lou are freezing their asses off:)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol i see you are from the saint louis area i guess we both made good choices on moving. and ft laurdale is not that far from miami beach a good 35 minute drive. really have not noticed many spyders but have talked to few people that do have meets

glad to see other spyder owners near me for a change rather then being in stl where i felt like i was the only spyder modifier lol and all the meets where far away

and yes my friends already hate me here cause i get to enjoy lovely weather all year long :lol:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
damn 200 views in 8 days and only 3 comments hmmm thanks guys, maybe i should do some rice modifications bet i will get alot of comments :lol:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
damn 200 views in 8 days and only 3 comments hmmm thanks guys, maybe i should do some rice modifications bet i will get alot of comments :lol:
Not the kind you will like lol!!! Very nice car. Silver spyders are the best ones to pull off the face lift look IMO. What are your plans for it? Enjoy it stock, or make it like your old one. (which was VERY nice BTW)^_^

1 - 8 of 8 Posts