MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I have a 2002 Spyder, ~84K miles, awesome car. Love it to pieces. The car just started creeping when put into 1st gear or when it's in reverse (I noticed this while trying to parallel park...). I noticed a slight, but not ever-present rattle when accelerating as well, but other than that there aren't any problems. Shifting is mostly smooth, and the car's running fine. But obviously, something is wrong if it's creeping when in-gear. Any notion of what's going on, and what I should expect to pay to fix it? Is there anything in particular that would cause this, and would you recommend going to a Toyota dealer or somewhere else?

Many thanks for the help.

(also, if anyone knows much about why there's some leaking when it rains heavily, that'd be appreciated too! Much more concerned about my clutch and/or transmission, however)

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
There is a TSB on the creeping issue. Check with your dealer. They revised the ECU for the SMT as a result...beginning in 2003 but your VIN might be early enough that it didn't get the revised unit.

As for rattle, it could be your heat shields underneath the car which rattle like a crackwhore holding a winning powerball ticket. Ah...the little pecodillos of our Spyders. There's a fix for the rattle somewhere in the search engine, if memory serves me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts