MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 MR2 Spyder silver aluminum color and chrome rims just like new been garage kept its whole life here in Florida not a scratch on the car but my cruise control won't work and I can't figure out if there is a fuse or a relay that may be out I push the on button and the light will not come on the dash the other day I clicked it and the cruise light appeared but it wouldn't engage anybody have a clue about this I'm irie about having the car serviced here in Naples because there is a lot of auto repair places that generate repair not needed and I really don't want to be a lab experiment for them the next thing you know your car is not running correctly. If you have any ideas let me know appreciate it

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Wow, your question is really hard to read! The lack of punctuation makes it very hard to follow.
It appears you have an SMT spyder - albeit with chromed wheels. The 5 speed spyders are not available with cruise control, unless of course, it was added via an aftermarket kit. Guessing from your mention of dash light indicator, I assume yours is the factory cruise control system.
In general, you are very correct with repair shops - none are familiar with the SMT system, few are familiar with the spyder (even though it uses a common corolla engine). Idiot shops can easily destroy the SMT sustem by simply topping up the reservoir with the wrong fluid.
I will look up the link to the cruise control wiring diagram if that will help you.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
The clockspring/spiral cable assembly is probably bad. There’s a open wire within the ribbon. Very common problem; they’re only good for 50k miles.
Costs about $200
You can fix the one you got by using the spare wire in the ribbon. Search for the explanation in SC.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the pdf file for the cruise control wiring schematic. If you send me your email address I can forward it to you.

View attachment 73176
Hello, I am in France with a MRS of 2003 SMT 6 reports and I want to put the regulator. I will buy the lever with the gearshift buttons with the 6-wire spindle (use of 5 (4 without the regulator) .The cable to the CCS does not exist under the steering wheel.Do you have the schematic and or is the "cruise control ECU" please? I know where is the module "Electronically Controlled Transmission" and the ECM but not the case "cruise control ECU" Thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I am in France with a MRS of 2003 SMT 6 reports and I want to put the regulator. I will buy the lever with the gearshift buttons with the 6-wire spindle (use of 5 (4 without the regulator) .The cable to the CCS does not exist under the steering wheel.Do you have the schematic and or is the "cruise control ECU" please? I know where is the module "Electronically Controlled Transmission" and the ECM but not the case "cruise control ECU" Thank you.
Salut moi Stephane de France aussi, j'ai acheté le comodo de régulateur de vitesse sur eBay il va parfaitement dans le volant et la prise n'est pas compatible j'ai branché les 2 fils dans les emplacements restants dans le connecteur du volant mais ça ne marche pas!! J'ai un mrs de 2003 smt ...

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Press 2 for English.
“Hi I’m Stephane from France too, I bought the cruise control switch on eBay it fits perfectly in the steering wheel and the plug is not compatible I plugged the 2 wires into the remaining slots in the connector of the steering wheel but it does not work!! I have a 2003 smt spyder.”

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I believe the Cruise Control System ECU is integral to the engine ECU. I’ll verify on the schematic. If you send me your email address in private message, I can send you the pdf file for the SMT system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
[QUOTE = "Stéphane 0174, poste: 2126364, membre: 63990"]
Salut moi Stéphane de France aussi, j'ai acheté le comodo de régulateur de vitesse sur eBay il va parfaitement dans le volant et le prix n'est pas compatible j'ai branché les 2 fils dans les emplacements restants dans le connecteur du volant mais ça ne marche pas !! J'ai un mrs de 2003 smt ...
[/CITATION]
Bonjour Stéphane, nous pouvons communiquer via message privé, j'avance de mon côté, il me reste a passer le fil CCS vers l'ECU.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts