MR2 SpyderChat banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9,742 Posts
Didn't someone make a "hide-able" gauge set on the dash before? I think it was Kalva but i remember it being able to flip under the lid when not in use.

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Didn't someone make a "hide-able" gauge set on the dash before? I think it was Kalva but i remember it being able to flip under the lid when not in use.
Yeah, it was Karl, he put a 4th and 5th gauge in the cubby with the ability to "flip" them up into position.

I don't have the attention span for so many gauges, I'd forget to watch the road.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
I wish I had a better pic, but I test fitted a universal pod (their PN 5288) from Auto Meter in my car. I really liked the look and may go through with it.

Edit: Full disclosure, I work for Auto Meter. I personally like it and thought it would give more options to our community. We made one for the FRS that has a unique base, but the MRS can get away with the universal flat base, in my opinion.

5288.jpg

·
Registered
512 Posts
I wish I had a better pic, but I test fitted a universal pod (their PN 5288) from Auto Meter in my car. I really liked the look and may go through with it.

Edit: Full disclosure, I work for Auto Meter. I personally like it and thought it would give more options to our community. We made one for the FRS that has a unique base, but the MRS can get away with the universal flat base, in my opinion.

View attachment 18281

I really like this one!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I spent 45 mins fitting the pod this morning and still not happy with it. The lock button is too loose due to how thin the plastic is. Does not lock well. Mine has a little twist to it. I was able to get most of it out by trimming, but not all of it. This is mocked up with gauges in place.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I used velcro across the back and skipped the lock button. Holds well and doesnt make noise. I had to trim also. seems like its a bit too wide.

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Hmmm. I wonder if you can glue a piece of plastic to the bottom of the latch area to make it work better (stock is flush with the front lip).

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
How do y'all like the gauge placement? I keep thinking the left-most gauge should be set back the farthest, instead of the way it is.

Then again, I might just be trying to talk myself into building the vacuum table setup ;)

·
Registered
573 Posts
I thought the same thing. I guess I'm just use to it now. visualization is fine. For the price and a little strategic trimming, I was pleased with the result. Also hit it w a light coat of black paint.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
How do y'all like the gauge placement? I keep thinking the left-most gauge should be set back the farthest, instead of the way it is.

Then again, I might just be trying to talk myself into building the vacuum table setup ;)
Guage placement is much better then the LP TRD pod. I can see the all of the faces clearly. With the LP pod I was always moving my head to the right to see the numbers on the left side of each gauge, the numbers were not visible from a neutral driving position.

I will wrap the bottom adge on the sides and back with some thin felt to eliminate any rattling. My old one drove me nuts

21 - 34 of 34 Posts