MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Define 麓serious issues麓. These rear lower arm supports (like the TRD ones) only add a reinforcement to the anchor points by triangulating them. If you have play on the bushes they do nothing to improve handling instability.

Registered
Hi Guys
I was wondering if anyone knows the actual dimensions of the Cusco rear lower arms.
I will try to make a DIY ones until my order will be shipped coz i have serious issues with the car 馃榿
The parts in the pic are not control arms, they're chassis braces.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thnx for replying man. I didnt mention bushes
Define 麓serious issues麓. These rear lower arm supports (like the TRD ones) only add a reinforcement to the anchor points by triangulating them. If you have play on the bushes they do nothing to improve handling instability.
Thanx for replying man. Can you help me with the dimensions of the product that is shown in the pic?

Registered
The parts in the pic are not control arms, they're chassis braces.
They are braces that go between the two lower control arm fixtures on the chassis/subframe.
So call them rear chassis braces of lower control arm brace as you please.
They 麓triangulate麓 the two and are quite noticeable if the rest is nicely taught. I have the TRD braces fitted.

Here is a nice write up
Rear Lower Brace Install (MR2 Spyder / MR-S) 鈥 Driftopia.com

Registered
They are braces that go between the two lower control arm fixtures on the chassis/subframe.
So call them rear chassis braces of lower control arm brace as you please.
They 麓triangulate麓 the two and are quite noticeable if the rest is nicely taught. I have the TRD braces fitted.

Here is a nice write up
Rear Lower Brace Install (MR2 Spyder / MR-S) 鈥 Driftopia.com
Yes, that's why I said they are "braces", not "rear lower arms"". Per the BGB, there are 2 "rear lower suspension control arms" per side, #'s 1(locates the hub in relation to the chassis center line) & 2(the toe arms). The braces shown in the op's pic do indeed "triangulate" the chassis, not the rear lower control arms.
Call them correctly.

Registered
Whatevvah you want to call them; chassis braces as you did or what; the proof of the puddin麓 is in pushin麓 the envelop of handling fun.

The TRD ones weigh in at 1099 gram and make a l贸t of difference. Them麓s one of six supports (on a pfl) I rate worthwhile.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Tread

The others are the brace between the front shock towers, Snelbaard麓s front lower suspension frame, Snelbaard麓s frame between the tow belly pans and I rate Dev麓s door spacers highly as those take up slack at the door locks.

Lastly a cilinder head support/engine torque brace. While you at it with the latter do fill the engine mounts with p.u. These two mods will transmit more engine vibrations to the tub but they keep the rear a l贸t more stable under engine load changes in a corner.

Hood Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle

Have fun, fl贸gging the cheerful spyder through the twisties!

Registered
Sorry, but they are chassis braces...I didn't give them that name...and yes, they do a great job of stiffening the rear chassis area.
I have the rear, lower TRD braces, but I have a Moroso oil pan, so not sure if the right-side bar will fit.
When purchased, my Spyder had a front&rear stb's. I added a TRD front lower brace, + plus a Corky's breast plate.
An engine torque brace would be good addition also.

As far as having fun, flogging my Spyder thru the twisties, I do that often, + I organize predominately driving, little talking, meets, the most recent 2 weeks ago. Too bad there's a little pond between us!
Zoom zoom...

Registered
As far as having fun, flogging my Spyder thru the twisties, I do that often, + I organize predominately driving, little talking, meets, the most recent 2 weeks ago. Too bad there's a little pond between us!
Zoom zoom...
Enjoy!!!
...and concerning the pond, no worries; I did the club things in the previous life. Am life time honorary member of a motorbike one.
This life the driving is solo fun. Taking charming company along is fun too but for scrubbing sideways.... best solo. Living in Touge heaven (the properly mountainous andalucian heartland) is the reason why I bought the ZZW30 馃槏 谩nd why a single car 麓caravan麓 is quite enough.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts