MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Hi Guys
I was wondering if anyone knows the actual dimensions of the Cusco rear lower arms.
I will try to make a DIY ones until my order will be shipped coz i have serious issues with the car 😁
The parts in the pic are not control arms, they're chassis braces.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
They are braces that go between the two lower control arm fixtures on the chassis/subframe.
So call them rear chassis braces of lower control arm brace as you please.
They ´triangulate´ the two and are quite noticeable if the rest is nicely taught. I have the TRD braces fitted.

Here is a nice write up
Rear Lower Brace Install (MR2 Spyder / MR-S) – Driftopia.com
Yes, that's why I said they are "braces", not "rear lower arms"". Per the BGB, there are 2 "rear lower suspension control arms" per side, #'s 1(locates the hub in relation to the chassis center line) & 2(the toe arms). The braces shown in the op's pic do indeed "triangulate" the chassis, not the rear lower control arms.
Call them correctly.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Sorry, but they are chassis braces...I didn't give them that name...and yes, they do a great job of stiffening the rear chassis area.
I have the rear, lower TRD braces, but I have a Moroso oil pan, so not sure if the right-side bar will fit.
When purchased, my Spyder had a front&rear stb's. I added a TRD front lower brace, + plus a Corky's breast plate.
An engine torque brace would be good addition also.

As far as having fun, flogging my Spyder thru the twisties, I do that often, + I organize predominately driving, little talking, meets, the most recent 2 weeks ago. Too bad there's a little pond between us!
Zoom zoom...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts