MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 595 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Well, I'll go first... "since you asked"...

What the hell man? I'll try to be nice... you have made certain that no one will steal it... you have absolutely ruined what looks to have been a nice car. We argue on here all the time about what the definition of "rice" is. When they put a definition in the dictionary, your car will be next to it... No idea of where you are going--check. Sacrificing function for form--check. Trying to make something into something it is not--check. Poor, cheap quality and execution gone awry--check. Other than the entire interior, mis-matching hood/deck lid, goofy wing, unfinished door handle shave, plywood tonneau cover and cheesy roll bar-thing, it looks great.

Oh, and welcome to Spyderchat:)

·
Registered
23,127 Posts
It's very ergonomic.

Pilot to bombardier, pilot to bombardier.

You see SE this is exactly what I was talking about. The cheaper this car gets in the used market the quality of our cars goes down with it.

·
Registered
26,913 Posts
I think I get what you are doing, but am not sure what is intentional and what is not. It's different. I think we can all agree on that! You've made some very unconventional choices. Although I like the hardness and roughness, some things could be misconstrued as poor craftsmanship and that's never good. The texture looks accidental. You can do "rough" and have it not look sloppy. Think about covering all the really rough material in leather or something.

But hey, it is your car, so do whatever the hell you want to it. As long as you aren't going to sell it and like it yourself, that's all that matters.

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
I never thought I would say it, but here's a spyder that makes my POS four-wheeling truck look good.

When you decide to sell, I'll give you 1k cash, as long as you remove that horrid conglomeration of shit behind the seats.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Whats Custom about it?

The hazed headlights?

·
Registered
2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2.0L Stroker
4,170 Posts
I usually wont post on something this bad. But yeah this is really bad. Not good looking at all. Unless your planning on using this a straight track car this car is horrible. Its cheap looking, bad crafstmanship so far and you took the seats out of a 1972 car and put digital guages. Oh the horror! Mateo gave you credit, I wouldnt touch this car with a 10 ft pole.

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
I usually wont post on something this bad. But yeah this is really bad. Not good looking at all. Unless your planning on using this a straight track car this car is horrible. Its cheap looking, bad crafstmanship so far and you took the seats out of a 1972 car and put digital guages. Oh the horror! Mateo gave you credit, I wouldnt touch this car with a 10 ft pole.
Tech inspectors would have a field day.

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
My lord.....That interior looks like COMPLETE shit.. What was wrong with the factory dash that you had to rip it out and whip up that horrid looking conglomeration?

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
When you decide to sell, I'll give you 1k cash, as long as you remove that horrid conglomeration of shit behind the seats.
I feel that is being WAY to generous.

·
Registered
362 Posts
what is to come of this primative interior?, I hope this is just a underlayer of something better to go on top to make it looks "presentable" unless its a full bown 'off road car' then i would like to see functionality.

one hell of a work in progress.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Now that I have taken a 2nd look... it's worse than I thought... I used to think that the stock console couldn't look much worse--I was wrong... Those are the worst fitting seat covers I have ever seen... Would it kill you to tuck in a few of those wires under the dash? Tell the truth--Is your "roll bar" made out of cardboard paper towel rolls? Last (but certainly not least), those are some big @$$ speakers... considering you have no head unit...

There are a lot of buttons on the dash--is there a reset button?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Holy sweet Jesus, I've seen some terrible cars with terrible craftsmanship, but you've raised the bar. It is horrendous. That "roll bar" not only looks horrible, but it does absolutely nothing. How many gauges do you need? From what you've shown, I'm guessing you have no engine mods, which means that 3/4ths of those are absolutely useless. You've got 4 HUGE speakers and 2 tweeters with no headunit? I'm confused with that. Why don't you hand over the keys to the car, give me about 4K to fix the horrendous things you've done to the car, and go back to riding a bicycle, kthnxbye

1 - 20 of 595 Posts