MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Depends on what damage/fatalities arise when the hard top flies off.
Compare them to OEM, you would be as well using duct tape.
How so?

Most race organization don't even allow OEM mounts for the very fact that they come loose easier than solid brackets?

Every Spec miata race car runs brackets that are almost identical to these.

·
Registered
171 Posts
My concern is how hard is it to remove the bolts for the latch on top of the windshield? I couldn't get all of the bolts removed in one piece from the soft top latch/lock. I also noticed all of the latch/locks were pretty heavy, so this is very tempting.

·
Registered
369 Posts
No doubt that these are less heavy duty than the post to which the latch attaches, but are clearly much stronger than the latch itself. In the vein of the strength of the chain being limited by the weakest link, I would expect these to be significantly safer than factory.

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
Three comments (OK, 1 comment and two questions):

1) I like 'em
2) How much?
3) Why aluminum and not steel?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
20160813_130647-1.jpg

No soft top for luggage. so my hard top is “permanent” ,aluminium for weight and more easy to cut ! Cost : ~4 hours job
And I repeat no more noises and rattles ,it was my first goal !

·
Registered
369 Posts
Would you be interested in making them to sell? Many people are asking about cost. If not, would you be willing to share the file you used to cut them?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
About this Discussion
34 Replies
16 Participants
Original 2
MR2 SpyderChat
SpyderChat Forum is a community for Toyota MR2 Spyder Enthusiasts to discuss specs, reliability and more!
Full Forum Listing