MR2 SpyderChat banner

Custom Foglights on 2002 Model

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Marscommander 
#1 ·
Hey all, just wanted to share my custom foglight install on a 2002.

Got this basic glass foglight kit off Amazon:

Wanted to make it as OE as I could, so I wired into the spare relay and fuse slots in the lighting and interior boxes respectively:
Rectangle Font Parallel Brand Circle
Font Rectangle Number Pattern Parallel
Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive tire

And here's how the lights look!
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Hood
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

I think it turned out really great, and was a lot more affordable than a bumper conversion lol.

See less See more
#2 ·
Awesome! I was just looking into something similar. These are my considerations so far..
Automotive parking light Car Hood Vehicle Light

I was thinking of filling these with synthetic diamonds replacing the bulb with a brighter white led and see what that does to the lighting effect.
Light Automotive tire World Font Poster

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive tire Automotive tail & brake light

sidenote: the two round amber lights I have on my pre facelift spyder at the moment are just for decoration and they are not wired at the moment 😅

#5 ·
Since the fogs I bought came as a kit, a lot of the wiring could have been skipped, but I ended up cutting up their supplied harnesses to integrate in a more OE-fashion.
Here's my MSPaint Diagram:
Rectangle Slope Line Font Schematic

I ripped a fusebox out of an unsuspecting junkyard camry and used its pins/components to fill the empty relay and fuse spots. I then wired into those spots according to the diagrams above.
I tapped the power circuit of the low-beam headlights to provide power to the fogs, and this maintains the OE functionality of on with low-beams only.
Used a toyota fog switch from an older model that was much cheaper than the spyder switch, and wired its power into the interior fuse labeled for fog lights.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.