MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to make My own adjustable font tower brace, and I was wondering if anyone would let me have the dimensions of their bar. I need the measurements of the bar itself, not including the brackets or the screws at the ends. i want to make it tanabe style with the frunk cover deleted. any help would be great. ill be sure to post pics when in done

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
Without knowing your endplate design, no value of the actual bar will help. Also if your going to make your own, you have everything you need right in your frunk. Get a tape measure out and start making! Also the less "moving" parts of the bar the stronger the bar will be. If you can make a billet bar it would be the best, next best is billet bar with welded strut plates, then a bolted design and lastly your version, an adjustable bar. I say that last one with disgust. :microwave:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Without knowing your endplate design, no value of the actual bar will help. Also if your going to make your own, you have everything you need right in your frunk. Get a tape measure out and start making! Also the less "moving" parts of the bar the stronger the bar will be. If you can make a billet bar it would be the best, next best is billet bar with welded strut plates, then a bolted design and lastly your version, an adjustable bar. I say that last one with disgust. :microwave:
I guess I should have been more specific, I made custom mounts for my buddies eclipse using a nopi strut tower bar from a Celica. I wanted to do the same thing to mine but I want to be as close as possible to the tanabe specs so I won't have the extra screw play that he does

1 - 5 of 5 Posts