MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is not Spyder specific but would anyone happen to know of any stereos in which the displays aren't built in/are removable. I do believe some exists where you can plug in an external monitor to mirror the current display... This would allow you to use any size display you wanted and you could relocate the larger part of the stereo elsewhere making it easier to mount the display wherever you desired.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Also for the ones that allow you to mirror the current display I believe that you will loose the touch screen capability with the external display so that's out of the window. I also want the functionality as a double din unit specifically because I have multiple speakers and need multiple channels.

·
Registered
2003 Blue Mica SMT
103 Posts
yup how'd you pull that off?
[/QUOTE
sorry for the late reply. This is an android based floating screen headunit. This is the link I got it from: https://www.joyingauto.com/new-released-8-toyota-universal-head-unit-with-ultra-screen-1280-800.html

The monitor is separate from the computer and is connected by a thin multipin harness from the back. Using a rotary tool with a disc, I was able to cut a rectangular hole into the auxiliary box hole in the middle of the dash. The harness is fed through this hole and is connected below to the actual computer. I will provide pictures later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts