1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
It appears to be right. My local Orielly's Auto has the passenger side for $88. You could check with them if you want to go local in case of any problems.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All I have down South is Autozone (sucks) and Advanced Auto Parts, no Orilleys till about Jacksonville/ Tallahassee...

Just got word of a local shop but Ill call the second link first and see where that takes me.

Thanks

·
Spyderchat Enthusiast
2,873 Posts
Everything I see list parts for 2003 and later. Do these fit all the Spyders? I do not have axle issues at this time but worry that as time goes on these will get more and more hard to find (and expensive). I am tempted to buy a spare set now when I can.

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
I have to replace my passenger axle this week, so I've been researching as well.

The 2003 spyders have a larger right (passenger in the U.S.) side axle, but it will fit in the 00-02 spyders. I read an old post that said the 2003+ celica axle will work, but it is an inch longer, so I would advise against it. By larger I mean bigger diameter shafts. The spline area is still the same though.

For the left (driver in the U.S.) side axle, you can use a Toyota Matrix axle, which is larger diameter, but still fits fine. I haven't personally tried this, but it's what research shows.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I too also need to replace my Passenger Axle but figure Id follow the "do one side better do both" to save any future complications.

Im at 125k and a missing boot, where are the rest of you at as far as mileage and replacement status?

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
I've never replaced the left axle and I replaced the passenger axle a few years ago with a used one, which the boot has now shredded on.

On axle shafts, I don't really see the need in replacing both at the same time, unless both are bad.

I went in to the local Orielly's and ordered an axle from them today. Not in stock in their closest warehouse though so it'll be in first of next week with the holiday being this week. Brand new was $88 plus tax, a reman was $156 plus tax.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.