MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are a part of the Datalogit Yahoo group, then you probably got this email, but I thought it was worth posting about. I know there was some discussion on the DashDAQ a while ago, but with the possibility of integration with the PFC, it would be much more useful for those without OBD. The email is quoted below, and you can read about it on the user group on Yahoo.

Is anyone interested in data logging to an SD card...???

Recently we rebuilt our drag car (after writing it off last season) and decided
that logging with the laptop as we have always done just had to be improved
upon. We were also in need of new lightweight gauges for the car, so we decided
upon DashDaq Series II as a complete Dash / SD logging solution
http://www.dashdaq.com/features/datalogging.htm

In our DIY fashion, we modified the FC-Datalogit (Black Box) to output the
necessary format to have the DashDaq display it on gauges and log it. The
DashDaq will log up to 16 channels onto SD card in a .dif format which will load
directly into Innovate's Log Works software.

So if anyone is interested in having this too please let us know by emailing
(email removed) and if there is enough interest I will invest the time
and work with DashDaq to get it ready for public consumption - there would be
about a month or two required, as at the moment everything is hardcoded to only
suit our setup and Power-FC version.

Existing Black Box ONLY units would be able to be upgraded to the new version
free of charge - all that would be required is the DashDaq and a DashDaq
FC-Datalogit driver (approx USD$50.00). We would likely also on sell DashDaq's
with driver as a package deal.

For more details on the Dashdaq unit please visit their website
http://www.dashdaq.com

Cheers
FC-Datalogit

·
Registered
947 Posts
I didn't get that post. Either way I would jump on it so I'm going to reply to them. I could do away with all my gauges, head unit and datalog on the fly. I'm curious why it would save to the .dir format. I'm assuming when they log other EMS they do Innovate format as well.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm curious why it would save to the .dir format. I'm assuming when they log other EMS they do Innovate format as well.
I'm thinking that was just their DIY-rigged way of getting it to work. Should they (datalogit) work with DashDAQ, they may use the same formatting used in FC-edit.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Copied from http://www.dashdaq.com/support/faq.htm

How do I view the recordings I made with DashDAQ?
You can view recordings on your DashDAQ with the log playback screen, or you can view the log files on your PC. Yes! When log file are created with DashDAQ they can be saved as either a *.csv or a Logworks *.dif file. If you view them on your PC, you can either open them with Excel or a text viewer in CSV format. As an alternative, you can save your logs in DIF format and view them with Innovate Motorsports free logworks data analysis tool.
This leads me to beleive that they can and will incorporate that since log files are .txt files on FC-Edit. As far as Co-Pilot users, I beleive it saves and reads logs as .csv anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.