MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
7,694 Posts
What a piece of crap!

You think that your awesome blue car with those nice looking ground effects and wheels is something to be proud off? And what about the reflection of the photographer? Ugh! Probably as bad looking as the
car!

Okay you know I'm joking? Nice looking and if you had a bikini on you would have given the old guys on here heart attacks with the reflection shot!

BTW, how much tweaking did you have to do to accommodate the duel exhaust with the rear ground effects? And even though I don't have the power to, I'm inviting you to any of the Bear Mountain events this year!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What a piece of crap!

You think that your awesome blue car with those nice looking ground effects and wheels is something to be proud off? And what about the reflection of the photographer? Ugh! Probably as bad looking as the
car!

Okay you know I'm joking? Nice looking and if you had a bikini on you would have given the old guys on here heart attacks with the reflection shot!

BTW, how much tweaking did you have to do to accommodate the duel exhaust with the rear ground effects? And even though I don't have the power to, I'm inviting you to any of the Bear Mountain events this year!

HAHA! It's too cold for a bikini lol! Maybe when it warms up some.^_^ I didn't see myself in the pics until I got them up on the computer. I don't know how to edit myself out, so I was like **&^ it I'll stay in there. I do have some paint reflection pics that are cleavage central, but those stay in my husband's personal pic file.

The rear TRD lip had to be notched. Here are some unclose shots. It could have been cut cleaner, but you don't see it anyway.

·
Registered
7,694 Posts
Bought a similar style last fall and wanted to get them painted and installed before winter, but didn't happen. I too have duels on and I know alterations will be needed, but I'm having them professionally install...sometime this spring.

Bear Mountain is a fun event. And if you get there a couple days before hand, you and hubby can visit NYC via train, leaving your car at a hotel near the start of the event. Thats what I do. From hotel, car to parking lot for Train in to NYC. Day in Manhattan. Back to parking lot via train. Car back to hotel. Bear Mountain next day. Youa'll coming from Tennessee, might want to come or stay extra days.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
When is the Bear Mountain event? I'd like to go this year if possible.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
The 1.8T badge is kinda nice. I take it TN has very lax rules when it comes to slapping a turbo on your car?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 1.8T badge is kinda nice. I take it TN has very lax rules when it comes to slapping a turbo on your car?
No emissions testing in the county, actually they never even have to see your car. Memphis city has sniffers, but there are plenty of modified cars pass as long as you are tuned. Arkansas doesn't have to see your car either. That is one benefit of living in the south.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Last time I visited Tennessee I noticed several cars driving with out the hood of their car. I was also luckey enough to follow a beat up truck that the frame was bent so bad it was literally driving side ways down the road not to mention the thick black cloud of smoke rolling from the side of it because it had a huge hole in the exhaust. I couldnt believe this was legal but was interesting to see, culture shock.

Nice car by the way.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Last time I visited Tennessee I noticed several cars driving with out the hood of their car. I was also luckey enough to follow a beat up truck that the frame was bent so bad it was literally driving side ways down the road not to mention the thick black cloud of smoke rolling from the side of it because it had a huge hole in the exhaust. I couldnt believe this was legal but was interesting to see, culture shock.
That would be the local rednecks.......

·
Registered
587 Posts
That would be the local rednecks.......
I left out the part about the big rebel flag flapping in the wind from the bed of the truck and the driver had a sweet mullet, lol. It was different for me as I'm not use to seeing stuff like this. I didnt care for the fact that they couldnt address me by my name but rather a yankee, didnt the civil war end a few years ago.

·
Registered
587 Posts
They left off the adjective that precedes "yankee"? They must have liked you.
lol

Sorry for jacking your thread YZ007. Nice car, beautiful state, it must be a blast to carve up the smokies.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I left out the part about the big rebel flag flapping in the wind from the bed of the truck and the driver had a sweet mullet, lol. It was different for me as I'm not use to seeing stuff like this. I didnt care for the fact that they couldnt address me by my name but rather a yankee, didnt the civil war end a few years ago.
Hehe, I was born and raised in the south, and I don't even get it. I remember see in that episode of Top Gear when they had to drive through the south, and the rednecks tried to beat their asses I was sitting there shaking my head. That is what most of the world and most of the US thinks of southerners, and those idiots aren't helping. If I would have been there I would have saved them, though I would have a hard time giving Hammond back. I want to carry him in my purse like a chihuahua.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lol

Sorry for jacking your thread YZ007. Nice car, beautiful state, it must be a blast to carve up the smokies.
Meh thread jacking is a spyderchat norm. It doesn't bother me. Thanks. Unfortunately I don't live in the pretty part. :( Hopefully I can make it to the dragon this year. I need to find a babysitter, maybe I should ask Jared to watch them for practice (his wife is expecting now).

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm in love!!! Super clean!!

What's springs/ coilovers are you running? Wheel/tire size?
Thank you!

TRD Sportivo shocks/springs. These are my everyday wheels and tires, so they are just Kumho Ecsta 4x 205/40/R17 They are cheap and quiet. I have 16" SSR Type-Cs with KDW2 tires for racing.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts