MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

We just finished up our finalized bushings for the under hood end of the Spyder's shift cables. These are similar to the Speed Source bushings but instead of brass they are lathed out of Delrin. We have noticed better long term durability of Delrin on our DSM and Evo kits over brass so we decided to bring them to market for the Spyder as well.

Introductory pricine is $18 for 4 bushings. Two are used per eyelet. No additional parts or hardware is needed. Pop the rubber out and pop these on. Commence enjoying the shifting experience even more then you did before.

Orders can be placed Here

·
Registered
23,046 Posts
I have the brass ones and was wondering if I switched to the Delrin would there be a difference in shifting.

Also do the brass bushings ware out over time?

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't notice any difference in the feel of these over the Speed Sources I had before which is a good thing because I liked that click click feel.

My brass bushings looked fine still but over time they do corrode and get stuck in the eyelets. We have had to deal with that on DSMs here in service.

·
Registered
23,046 Posts
I didn't notice any difference in the feel of these over the Speed Sources I had before which is a good thing because I liked that click click feel.

My brass bushings looked fine still but over time they do corrode and get stuck in the eyelets. We have had to deal with that on DSMs here in service.
Thanks for being frank. I did notice my brass bushings experiencing corrosion and I usually lube them every now and then.

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Do you have any deals on shipping other than the $10.00 table rate? The $18 was right in my impulse buy price range, $28 is still fairly cheap, but I don't get the warm and fuzzy feeling (if that makes sense). Anyway, just checking to see if there's any shipping discounts. If not, I may still order them as I just have the stock rubber bushings currently.

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That $10 is something the online store robot calculates. $10 is actually the cheapest it will determine. That said it is not what I actually charge for these to be shipped if you use USPS first class.

UPS isn't cheap. For example the table rate on a 1lb package to you LT would be $7. By comparison I can send a small package like this via first class mail for about $2. I have no tracking in that case though.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
well its about time i asked a newbish question since i didnt search and am just completly unaware when it comes to this product and most transmissions. Well here goes....

Are these usefull to SMT owners, im sure i still have the stockers in my ride, but im not certain (from lack of experience) if these are even on a SMT, i honestly cant see them not having them, but ive been wrong plenty before. I guess where im going is id like to keep my SMT as long as i can and would these help the wear and tear of a daily driven SMT spyder? Thats just as or more important to me than improvements to the shifting feel or times.

just looking for clairity

thanks
rburton/BFW

·
Registered
45 Posts
These will NOT be useful for you. They are for manual transmissions, and provide a buffered control linkage between the shift cable and the transmission. The SMTs are a totally different animal.

Although, I'd likely be interested in a set. Been meaning to do the SS for a while, so I may as well start with the Delrin. You (should) have PM, GS.

~Exe

·
Registered
16,748 Posts
They are for manual transmissions, and provide a buffered control linkage between the shift cable and the transmission.
Is "buffered" the right term here? You do the brass bushing upgrade in order to remove the stock rubber bushing inserts, and it is the rubber pieces that "buffer" the linkage, introducing a kind of sloppiness and dead feel to the stick. By performing this upgrade, you do the opposite and reduce buffering.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
You cannot accept Amazon Payments, can you?
I would also be interested in shipping USPS FC or Priority Mail. Would you need to send a direct invoice or still order through the site?

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Go ahead and order through the website. Your card will not be charged. I manually run cards on my end after the order has been submitted. If you want USPS just put it in the comments box. I will adjust the totals accordingly and send the invoice with the correct amount in shipping over to you right away.

Unfortunately we do not take Amazon payments. We can do visa, mastercard, and discover.

·
Registered
23,046 Posts
It is a super hard, low friction, long wearing plastic.
It is used in medical applications amongst other things.
I believe there is a TRD shifter knob that uses this material also.

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Go ahead and order through the website. Your card will not be charged. I manually run cards on my end after the order has been submitted. If you want USPS just put it in the comments box. I will adjust the totals accordingly and send the invoice with the correct amount in shipping over to you right away.

Unfortunately we do not take Amazon payments. We can do visa, mastercard, and discover.
Nice. I'll put my order in today.

·
Registered
395 Posts
where do they go ?

any one have a picture , and how do you get them on , do you have to take the cable off to replace them , and last of all do i nead a set for my 2000 with 123,000 on it , only 60,000 on ther motor ? :( :huh: ;) i put a header on , new tires , car is running great, took a 400 mile little trip today .

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
SS brake lines now these, thanks. I just ordered a set...:D

1 - 20 of 109 Posts