MR2 SpyderChat banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,868 Posts
Great news! Finish the tuning and it should gain some speeds.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks! It's gonna take some patience.

I'm getting a pending overheat CEL but no rise in temp or a CEL. When trying to bleed the cooling system, I'm not getting enough heat/pressure to push the air bubbles out the radiator. I'm thinking if I find a place to drive where I can quickly pull over and crack open the bleed valves...

After disabling the O2 completely, it's breaking up on acceleration so I may re-enable it and find a way to fix or disable the CEL (P1166). For now, I'll just research these issues.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I'm an idiot! I was troubleshooting the idle with k20 kals since there were only 2 k24...tried driving on the k20 kal and was too lean, hence the pending overheating CEL while driving. Hope no one makes the same mistake I did.

Test drove today and what a blast! The car has torque everywhere compared to the 1zz! It can throw me back in my seat from any rpm! The idle hung once or twice during a 20 minute drive but a blip brought it back to normal. The 1zz felt so stiff in the corners with what looks like stock springs. With the K24, I can carry more speed through corners and feel the suspension compress as I turn the wheel, so springs or coilovers are next. I had a sh!t eating grin the whole time!!! People were probably wondering why I was so happy!

Reactions: turbo_jimbo

·
Registered
8,868 Posts
easy fix at least. Some tuning time will make that better too. keep logging.

·
Registered
842 Posts
If you thought the 1zz was stiff with a stock suspension setup you'll be blown away once you get a coilover stetup dialed in properly.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
After a few shakedown runs and making sure the car's running reliably, I could hear clunking coming from the engine bay. Get out and inspect and the forward bolt and top nut on the passenger side engine mount are both missing. The one going to the fender is threading itself out, the aft is firmly in place. Has anyone experienced this, and if so, what's a good permanent fix?

·
Registered
842 Posts
I'd recommend Loctite. I would generically recommend the correct torque specs, but by experience I know you can't get a torque wrench on every nut/bolt in that location so Guttentight has to do. FWIW I used blue loctite to help with loosening due to vibration.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I got some blue loctite laying around from the clutch. I found some an nut and bolt that fit, got them guttentight, and now driving very civilized and checking each time I return home. If it doesn't come loose, I'll try launching and seeing if it does, then add loctite.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts