MR2 SpyderChat banner
61 - 80 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
I had to remove the bar to get straps in. Just getting the angle for the strap to slot through is hard with the bar on.
Sorry about that. I hoped to make installation feasible without removing the support. My prototype spyders had cheap supports with more clearance.
Sill thinking... what if each strap had a really long lead-in nylon strap, maybe even a softer strap lead-in made from vinyl? Suppose it could be threaded through and pulled into position? You could temporarily cover the Velcro fuzz using blue masking tape to keep it from grabbing til you’re ready.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just started making these last week. More plastic material is on order, but I’ll never be quick at making them. I’ll keep plodding along to fill the need. Shipping to UK is certainly possible, but stupid expensive. It looks like $75 each for shipping only!

Thanks for the reply, I wonder if it would be cheaper if more than one was shipped ? how much is the cover before shipping ?

Did I mention they Look GREAT ? :)

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Help me out guys! Do you have suggestions how to meet demand? I’ve asked another professional upholsterer (spyder owner) to help make these. I’m not sure the money is worth his time. I hate to keep raising the price simply to reduce demand. I joked with my wife I could put them on eBay and take bids. Or I could start a random drawing / lottery. At least that keeps the price low for my spyder people. Volume is probably too low for a big outfit to start producing them. However I will share design details and patterns if somebody can make nice parts and not trash it up. Ideas?

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I say make em at your own pace...don't lose sleep & don't miss out on other things for them. Ppl will be understanding & appreciate them enough that they will be more than willing to wait for your timeline. You already don't take advance payment so I can't see any near reasonable person being mad at waiting & honestly you're the only gig in town so if they are, screw em & their high horse.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
852 Posts
I say make em at your own pace...don't lose sleep & don't miss out on other things for them. Ppl will be understanding & appreciate them enough that they will be more than willing to wait for your timeline. You already don't take advance payment so I can't see any near reasonable person being mad at waiting & honestly you're the only gig in town so if they are, screw em & their high horse.

Just my $.02
I agree with FormIn. Take your time. You've had wait lists on your other stuff that I've bought. I 'd get in on this one too but I don't have a front strut bar anymore so no need for it unless I just wanted my frunk to look pretty. It looks great so I'm tempted anyway though.

·
Super Moderator
3,089 Posts
I agree with FormIn. Take your time. You've had wait lists on your other stuff that I've bought. I 'd get in on this one too but I don't have a front strut bar anymore so no need for it unless I just wanted my frunk to look pretty. It looks great so I'm tempted anyway though.
I don't have a strut bar, and I got one.... I had a broken latch anyway, and I just like the way these look better than the stock cover.

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
I'd still like 2, but definitely take your time - I can wait as long as needed.

61 - 80 of 106 Posts