MR2 SpyderChat banner
81 - 100 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Help me out guys! Do you have suggestions how to meet demand? I’ve asked another professional upholsterer (spyder owner) to help make these. I’m not sure the money is worth his time. I hate to keep raising the price simply to reduce demand. I joked with my wife I could put them on eBay and take bids. Or I could start a random drawing / lottery. At least that keeps the price low for my spyder people. Volume is probably too low for a big outfit to start producing them. However I will share design details and patterns if somebody can make nice parts and not trash it up. Ideas?
I'll wait as long as it takes. Take yo time!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Maybe bringing up the tail end on this, I would like one please. Funny I have delayed and got caught working stupid long days never addressing the issue. My delay is that I have a TRD bar and some time ago I thought I had figured a way to very carefully remove the frunk cover with the bar on. That was working until one day when I mistakenly thought I had it properly latched the frunk cover and I did not. I broke the right side plastic clip or loop that is part of the tubm and cracked the left one. Ugh. I have often thought of researching how to replace these...maybe a 3D printer? Dunno. Spring fun project.
I am very happy to wait whatever period of time it takes. No rush. Spyder version (red stitching?). Beautiful work Paul.

Thank you.
ISpy

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
These are beautiful frunk covers! How much are you selling them for with a midship runabout logo on it? Sorry I am late to the party!
I’ve only managed to make three covers so far. I’m selling them for $120 with embroidered logo. As usual, my problem is making things fast enough!

·
Registered
2001 2zz 6spd
177 Posts
I’ve only managed to make three covers so far. I’m selling them for $120 with embroidered logo. As usual, my problem is making things fast enough!
Thank you letting me know. As good looking as they are, that's a bit too much for me right now, especially when I need a cover for the whole car first. I am interested in your center console arm rests, though. I'll review the options on that thread and PM you this evening or tomorrow.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Put me down for one. Even if it takes a year!

·
Registered
357 Posts
I'm down for one too!

Reactions: cyclehead

·
Registered
57 Posts
The timing/wait for the arm rests came perfectly for me, I was able to get this frunk and the armrests all in one go!

Amazing work, this group is lucky to have you!
plus 1 on lucky to have the SEAMSTER...

How did you perform the seat swap. I went the low effort route of brackets from DK Auto imports and am not pleased with seating position. Going to remove when I find suitable alternative. I am 5'11".

Thanks

81 - 100 of 106 Posts