MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did 2000 models come with with factory keyless entryv
Picked up my 00 a few weeks ago now and while I did get 3 keys I didn't get a key fob so I started searching about for the right numbers so I can reprogram one and read somewhere that 2000 didn't come with keyless entry, Is this true? I know my last Spyder had it and I couldve swore it was an 00

If they didn't come with them is there any way of knowing if the cars are prewired for them? It has the blinking red light in the aircon controls and it had the "Toyota security protection" -something sticker on the windows

Also I found an unused keyfob at work hoping that if I can just reprogram one I'll be able to use it, the numbers on the back are.. FCC ID: 0043VT14T, CAN: 1470 102 849, MEX: RCPTR3002-023 and there is another line at the bottom 88LP0065

Any chance that matches someone factory Spyder keyfob? I'm really getting sick of manually unlocking the doors lol esp if it does have keyless and I'm just not using it

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hm I just checked the production month on mine and it says May 2000, I don't know when they started production but Im sure mine is a later 2000 chassis

So now my question is did the cars come set up for keyless from the factory and fobs could be purchased as a "dealer installed" option

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The question is, When did keyless entry begin?
My 2001 was made 08/00 and has keyless entry.
I think the "model year" is set by the marketing department; not the manufacturing division.
I think design revisions were done "on-the-fly", and have nothing to do with the "model year".

This makes a lot of sense when you get looking at different cars, normally in the car communities they would be looked at as "half-year" revisions, where they start to filter in newer parts or designes on typically unnoticed parts of the car like wire harnesses, small engine parts, things like that

With that being said my chassis is a 05/00 so not far off of the start of the 2001 "model year" so maybe it has those 00-01 revisons already in it such as being set up for keyless entry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.