MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to got my pre-cats on my first MR two spider. They are distorted and have some blockage but no cracks or deterioration...The car has 97,000 miles on it. Well I have any problem with the computer system or the check engine light when I have completed my job?

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
In general... if you don't screw up the header gasket or crossthread an O2 sensor or damage the sensor or its wiring or plug it in incorrectly... no, there will not be a CEL. But about half the people who do it will screw up one of these things... No way to know in advance what half you fall in.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
The ECU is not supposed to know about the precats. If you get a CEL afterwards, It could indicate that the main cat is weak. However, it is most likely that it would indicate that you broke something while doing the job.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
The ECU is not supposed to know about the precats. If you get a CEL afterwards, It could indicate that the main cat is weak. However, it is most likely that it would indicate that you broke something while doing the job.
There's a guy on mr2oc who is trying to adapt an electric e153 VSS for his AE86 cable speedo.... I suggested he talk to you. Can you help him out?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I don't know. I understand that generally, the electric senders and the cable senders are interchangeable at the transmission. However, I know nothing about the E153 specifically. I imagine that if it has been installed in both mechanical and electronic applications, then both senders would exist.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
No way to bypass the cable. You can get an electrical signal from a working mechanical speedo if you need it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am going to got my pre-cats on my first MR two spider. They are distorted and have some blockage but no cracks or deterioration...The car has 97,000 miles on it. Well I have any problem with the computer system or the check engine light when I have completed my job?
Just be prepared to buy the no cat system from Monkeywrench Racing if the 02 sensors are orig give yourself a big gift buy new sensors 2 upstream 1 downstream - 1A Auto | Aftermarket Car Parts - Buy Quality Auto Parts Online if i can help any more chat me

1 - 11 of 11 Posts