MR2 SpyderChat banner

301 - 320 of 552 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks for making these Dev,

If I am not already on the list, can you please put me down for 2 sets?

thanks!

·
Registered
565 Posts
I’m in as well

I think I tried to get a set on the first round. Regardless I would like to be on the list as well please.

·
Registered
23,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #308 (Edited)
2018 batch.

Seen next page for updated list.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Please put me down for a set. Let me know what information you need.

Thanks!

·
Registered
23,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #312
First update for the 2018 batch.

I received the new spool yesterday. I thought I would get a calibration test print made and my results were that the filament absorbed moisture. The print was frosted with bubbles so it needs to be dried.
This is a big problem with any nylon even though its comes vaccume sealed with desiccant. If you don't have a set up with a dryer and the experience to know what you are looking for good luck because it will frustrate you.

I printed another calibration print this morning and its much better, I could print with it but I want it to be perfect. The trick with this stuff is not to have it too dry otherwise it has a higher probability of lifting off the bed.

I will print another calibration print this evening and report back. I hope to start printing Tuesday.

In regards to the valet cover it might not be possible because I forgot that I set up the printer with a different hot end with a much larger diameter hole.
I will see what I can do as a substitute.

When Im near completion of making your bushings I will contact you for payment and give both options.

·
Registered
23,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #313
Second update:

I believe the filament dried out and Im glad I waited. Test print was shiny which lets me know moisture is no more.
I made my first bushing with success and it measures within specs. We are a go for printing. The first prints go to an outstanding order from last year for a member who was willing to wait.
If the second print comes out great I will be ordering the big 1KG spool.

I will start slow and then ramp up production.

·
Registered
23,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #316
Update 3
I was able to print a total of four bushings yesterday with great success. So far so good but like anything the printer could fail along the way but it would seem all the trouble I had initially from the first two batches last year has been resolved after I did the major modifications to the printer.
I think what is really helping is tungsten disulfide coated heat break. What happens over time is a bit of heat creep makes its way past the transitional melting point and it leaves deposits which sticks and occludes the opening causing jams. What most people have to do is constantly clean out this area by performing cold pulls of filament so they can drag out this accumulation.
This coated heat break has a slippery surface and nothing sticks to it so it resists jams. Probably the best purchase I made.

Anyway I hope to finish out this reel today and print to max capacity which is six bushings. Tomorrow I get the 1KG reel and hope this luck keeps going but I worry about the glass plate cracking because it can only take so many heat cycles before I have to purchase a new one.

·
Registered
23,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #318 (Edited)
Todays update:

Im really impressed with the printing. I think all the learning pains I have gone though last year has paid off and this machine is super reliable probably because the extruder is not on the carriage which take a lot of wear off the machine. I finished the first spool yesterday and im expecting the new big spool today. I plan to go for a marathon until Sunday. I should have a lot of bushings done and I will have them processed over the weekend. Therefore to speed up the process Im going to pm a handful of members today for payment so we can get that out of the way so I can place all my effort on making bushings.

Edit: I received the new big spool. Unfortunately the test print proved that it was wet and frosted in appearance. Its being dried right now at high heat. This is a small set back but thats how it goes I guess. At least the printer has been serviced and ready to go and now its just a matter of time. Its a small set back but I hope to be printing soon and marathon it this weekend to make up for lost time.

·
Registered
23,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #319
Todays Update:

Im printing again. The big spool is dry and printing well. The marathon run has started. Im also going to get three sets of bushings out the door today.
So far so good and we are moving. I am now grounded to the printer for the next few days because it has to be monitored closely and so the printer doesn't burn down.
Lets hope we make it.

301 - 320 of 552 Posts