MR2 SpyderChat banner

501 - 520 of 546 Posts

·
Registered
22,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #501
Hey dev,

Count me in for a set! let me know how i can purchase this.

Thanks!
I will send you a PM for payment later this evening.

·
Registered
22,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #502
Ok, I started printing again and shattered the glass. Surprised it lasted this long.

Im finishing up a double order and a larger consignment order headed towards the UK.

Replacement glass is on rout and when its all said and done I should have 2 sets of bushings available for sale.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Darnit, Dev, you make all these awesomely useful little things that when I learn about, I then must have...

Count me in for a set please, whether that's from stock or whenever the next GB starts up.

·
Registered
22,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #506
Darnit, Dev, you make all these awesomely useful little things that when I learn about, I then must have...

Count me in for a set please, whether that's from stock or whenever the next GB starts up.

Im currently filling orders since receiving the new glass for the printer.

I estimate I should have orders completed today and should have two sets remaining.

I will PM you for payment.

·
Registered
22,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #508
Count me in for a set!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Absolutely.

Its my last set.

Sending PM for payment.

·
Registered
22,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #510
Is that the last set you plan on making or the last set from this batch?
That was the last set unfortunately so im sold out.

I will possibly make more in July.

·
Registered
22,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #511
All of the bushings were sent out yesterday. I just have two sets that I need an address from a member and those will be sent out Tuesday.

It looks like by popular demand Im going back into production soon for a small run since the printer hasn't been put away.

I should have four sets of bushings and two are called for until payment is made.
Therefore I will have 2 sets up for grabs.

·
Registered
31 Posts
On my '01, more confirmation that these make a surprising difference. Installation was easy. Strong pops on both sides, driver's side a little hard to open at first but have yet to apply the wax. Chassis is already reasonably stiffly braced (FTSB, RTSB, middle blue frame thing) and sprung (unknown coilovers). The ride previously could be best described as go-kart crashy and what felt like very little suspension compliance, just bang-bang-bang over anything other than smooth roads. After installation, everything felt 'solid'--speed bumps weren't the distinct separate hits to front and rear, felt like everything was connected. Feels like considerably softer struts and springs (!) with normal-car oscillations rather than immediate front/rear separated bangs. Everything at speed is notably quieter apart from the usual points where wind noise starts to make itself present and, oddly, the body vibration that used to render the rear view mirror more of a suggestion than an indication has been largely damped out. Not quite the chassis solidity of a Boxster yet but maybe in shouting distance of an old Merc or Volvo.

Turn-in feels a bit crisper. There's a touch more body roll (twice almost nothing is still almost nothing) but definitely very slightly present. It feels a little more like a road car instead of a track toy, a touch more sedate when not indulging in permagrin. I'd say the comfort increase alone makes it WELL worth $40 and 5 minutes--especially since the handling remains unaffected if not slightly improved! Thinking this will have a high spousal approval factor.

·
Registered
22,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #513
On my '01, more confirmation that these make a surprising difference. Installation was easy. Strong pops on both sides, driver's side a little hard to open at first but have yet to apply the wax. Chassis is already reasonably stiffly braced (FTSB, RTSB, middle blue frame thing) and sprung (unknown coilovers). The ride previously could be best described as go-kart crashy and what felt like very little suspension compliance, just bang-bang-bang over anything other than smooth roads. After installation, everything felt 'solid'--speed bumps weren't the distinct separate hits to front and rear, felt like everything was connected. Feels like considerably softer struts and springs (!) with normal-car oscillations rather than immediate front/rear separated bangs. Everything at speed is notably quieter apart from the usual points where wind noise starts to make itself present and, oddly, the body vibration that used to render the rear view mirror more of a suggestion than an indication has been largely damped out. Not quite the chassis solidity of a Boxster yet but maybe in shouting distance of an old Merc or Volvo.

Turn-in feels a bit crisper. There's a touch more body roll (twice almost nothing is still almost nothing) but definitely very slightly present. It feels a little more like a road car instead of a track toy, a touch more sedate when not indulging in permagrin. I'd say the comfort increase alone makes it WELL worth $40 and 5 minutes--especially since the handling remains unaffected if not slightly improved! Thinking this will have a high spousal approval factor.
Very nice to hear about another review. Thanks as it brings me joy to read them.
When I first installed mine for testing I was expecting at least half the effect but become blown away with what it yielded.

Just for the record I may ask someone to let me know what they think but I never ask anyone to post a review unless they are a tester.

Just about everyone volunteered making a review without my knowledge and I thank all of the reviewers for giving me feedback that makes my day brighter.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'm still loving mine, however I will say that the driver side has destroyed my vin/info decal in the door frame.

Oh well, there's a vin under the windshield.

·
Registered
22,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #515
I'm still loving mine, however I will say that the driver side has destroyed my vin/info decal in the door frame.

Oh well, there's a vin under the windshield.
Sorry to hear that its done that. If there is something left of the sticker you could add some clear tape over it so its preserved.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Sorry to hear that its done that. If there is something left of the sticker you could add some clear tape over it so its preserved.
I didn’t even think to do that. My sticker is mildly damaged so I just cleaned it with an alcohol pad and used a piece of clear shipping tape so it won’t get damaged further and regreased the bushings with some silicone grease- doors are popping when opened again!

·
Registered
22,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #517
I didn’t even think to do that. My sticker is mildly damaged so I just cleaned it with an alcohol pad and used a piece of clear shipping tape so it won’t get damaged further and regreased the bushings with some silicone grease- doors are popping when opened again!
I will let others know about this issue so it doesn't happen to anyone else. Actually I im winding down and will be discontinuing the bushings for good. The printer looks like its on its way out and thats that.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I will let others know about this issue so it doesn't happen to anyone else. Actually I im winding down and will be discontinuing the bushings for good. The printer looks like its on its way out and thats that.
so are there still 2 sets available, or is that null and void now?

·
Registered
22,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #519
so are there still 2 sets available, or is that null and void now?
I never updated since. Im printing another round where I will have six of them and then I’m done.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I used clear Gorilla tape over the sticker from day 1... it destroyed that and ate up the sticker too....

I'm not complaining about it, I really don't care - I don't need to be reminded of the stock tire sizes, air pressures and vin number. Plus I took a picture of the decal before I installed the bushings.

501 - 520 of 546 Posts