23,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #541
PM sent.

I am now down to 2 sets left.

·
Registered
23,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #542
It would appear that im down to 1 set left.

Thanks for your kind attention.

·
Registered
23,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #543
Sold out.
Happy Hollidays everyone.

·
Registered
23,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #545
I might start up again in February or March to keep stock. I was hoping I would have some inventory on hand this time but I keep selling out faster than I anticipated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, today I finally installed the bushings. One question though, do I have to keep the clear plastic tape on the car frame to prevent the bushings from scratching it when the doors open/close? And is there any alternative to the clear plastic tape for that purpose? I'd like something more formal for my car.

·
Registered
575 Posts
The bushings have not scratched my car, other than completely destroying the manufacturer's tag inside the driver door jamb.

About once a month, I wipe the door jamb clean and spread a tiny bit of grease on the bushing itself. This lets it open and close very easily.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I keep clear tape over the door sticker but that is all. A little grease or car wax every once in a while does help

·
Registered
23,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #550 (Edited)
Hi, today I finally installed the bushings. One question though, do I have to keep the clear plastic tape on the car frame to prevent the bushings from scratching it when the doors open/close? And is there any alternative to the clear plastic tape for that purpose? I'd like something more formal for my car.
What I have noticed is that over time the bushings conform to the door where I no longer use tape. Also I have noticed that the application of wax seems to last longer. I think over time the abrasions will lessen and the tape is good for its initial break in and after that just need to clean the surface and reapply some wax once in a while. I have seen one local car test car that has been dong well so far without any tape and no scratches.
However if you do want more protection I think there might be a better solution than the gorilla tape.

You can use a small piece of vinyl wrap material that can be purchased on Amazon that is closest to your cars color. Just observe where the bushing makes contact and cut out a sticker square to the right size and apply the sticker. It will probably be a nicer looking installation. I have some left over material for another project and will experiment with it but I think it should work because its very thin so it shouldn't catch on the edge.
I would however use the gorilla tape first for a awhile until the bushing seats well with the door and the worst of the break in is completed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks both for your replies, I will stick to the clear tape for the break in period and see from there. For the record I had to sand down the driver's side bushing to about 3mm less to get it to exact fit to accommodate for the layer of paint that came afterwards, while on the passenger's side I had to add a second layer of double-sided tape in order to make it thicker. Now I am happy with fitment, doors are harder to open but not to the point it requires major effort. I haven't noticed any major difference in driving feel yet, as I have barely driven the spyder due to the weather here, there might be some better steering feel when cornering, but certainly the cabin has gotten noticeably quieter which I like. Overall I think it is a comfort mod which considering the price, is a must have to any spyder.

Happy New Year to all,

·
Registered
23,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #552
3mm is quiet a bit, regardless Im happy you got it to work. If your car has been in an accident and body work was done it could be the reason for the gross variance.
After a few batches and the feedback I got I revised the bushing size to accommodate just about every car and no sanding was necessary but some had to add an extra layer of tape on one door at the most which is much easier to do .

·
Registered
23,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #553 (Edited)
I decided to make some inventory to kick off the season. I should have 4 sets available next week if anyone is interested. Just let me know and I will PM you for payment.

1. gbravi Paid

·
Registered
23,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #555
Sending PM. I just competed all of them Thursday.

·
Registered
23,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #556
Im down to 2 sets.

·
Registered
23,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #557
Im now down to 1 set.

·
Registered
23,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #559
Sending PM.

Im sold out but fortunately I can still get more filament so if you guys would like me to start another batch let me know .

·
Registered
23,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #560
I was contacted by two members that want bushings so Im making another batch. The fitment is available now so why not.
I should have four sets available after completion. I can let the sets ride but they will be completed if anyone is interested. I hope to have these out next week.

541 - 560 of 591 Posts