MR2 SpyderChat banner
661 - 680 of 713 Posts

·
Registered
2002, Turbo, 2ZZGE
2,008 Posts
Here's one. I have seen this is tan, black, brown and yellow. Couldn't find yellow when I decided to try the solution. If you find some send me a link. Here's an eBay source.

Reactions: dev

·
Registered
23,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #664 ·
Thanks for the link. I looked on Amazon and it was coming out to be more expensive. I will purchase from eBay. Thanks again for this discovery.

·
Registered
23,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #665 ·
I have an announcement. I have got two requests for making more bushings. I went to order a new spool and the prices have gone up. For a long time I was eating the costs including the increased postal rates but I can no longer sustain it now with inflation of the raw materials. Therefore the price is going up by $3. The price for a set of bushings is now $50 shipped.

·
Registered
23,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #667 ·
Thanks for the kind words. At least they are not made of wood.
Everything is getting to be expensive and you can see this in real time. The double sided tape I use has also gone up in price but thanks to Project Farms YouTube channel he tested various double sided tape and found the LLPT double sided tape to be the the best out of all tested and it is a fraction of the cost of what Im currently using so there are a few things that I am going to try to keep the price of these reasonable without sacrificing quality.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Installation was very simple and took no more than five minutes. I opted to forgo any kind of tape or wax or anything like that, and the doors still function just fine. Just mildly more force required for opening and closing.

I am very pleased, as this entirely eliminated the rattling that came from both of my doors. I took one off for a moment just to be sure, and I began to hear the door rattle again within a few seconds. This is one of the greatest quality of life "mods" I have done so far!

Also, the doors now make a more satisfying noise when being closed. :)

·
Registered
23,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #669 ·
I cannot be more pleased that you are having a positive result. Its nice to know you confirmed that the bushings do fix the door rattle. I also enjoy the satisfaction of how the door closes and so have others.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I opted to forgo any kind of tape or wax or anything like that, and the doors still function just fine. Just mildly more force required for opening and closing.
update: on hotter days with no lubricant, the doors stick a bit before abruptly giving way. a bit worrying in a parking lot situation where you may ding another car
Applied teflon tape as recommended by Node and doors now feel as ordinary as any other door - bushings or not.

·
Registered
23,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #671 ·
I still haven't tried the Teflon tape but its good to hear it works well.
Actually the carnauba past wax works great for most owners. It goes on dry and seems to last without any residue.
It is very different then other types of lubrication which I strongly do not recommend.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I still haven't tried the Teflon tape but its good to hear it works well.
Actually the carnauba past wax works great for most owners. It goes on dry and seems to last without any residue.
It is very different then other types of lubrication which I strongly do not recommend.
curious - what happens with other lubricants?

·
Registered
23,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #673 ·
curious - what happens with other lubricants?
They just don't work as well for whatever reason and it was attracting dirt. Some complained about it and I asked them to try the carnauba and it was fine after that.
Some also tried other kinds of synthetic paste wax and that also did not work as well. I do not know what it is about the carnauba but it goes on mostly dry and you don't need a lot just a little rub and it works like magic. It also lasts for a very long time without any re application. After some time the bushings will break in and settle out by compression and should keep its form but others like Node have noticed that as the chassis shifts its making it a little difficult to open so each use case is different. The ones on my car and some other locals have settle out and they dont really need a replication of the wax.
I do think the teflon tape is the best solution if its working well. Im looking forward to testing it for myself.

·
Registered
23,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #675 ·
I have to make more.
I should be able to get a new spool Monday and start.

If anyone else is interested please let me know as I will have three sets available for purchase.

·
Registered
477 Posts
i would like a set too please.

661 - 680 of 713 Posts