MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how easy it is to remove the door handle trim? ('03) I have the CHROM kit and it came with chrome plated door handle trim but the original trim has to come off before installing. I popped the center screw out of the handle trim piece but its not budging. BEFORE I grab and pull hard (and break something!) I thought I'd ask. TIA for any tips!

·
Registered
782 Posts
handle trim.

You have to get at it from inside the door. The inside door handle trim has to be removed, the large door trim panel is pretty easy to remove as it has plastic snaps (you might have to pull hard to remove) Once the panels are removed it's pretty simple to remove outside door handle. If you have any questions PM me.

edit- If you're talking about removing interior handle trim see
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa480/kbranch4/100_0504.jpg
I had trouble removing mine and had to use a small flat screwdriver to pop tabs. The whole unit had to be pulled back to snap last tab. Not an easy removal.

any questions just send PM and I'll try and help!!!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. And thanks much Ken for the link to the manual photo. I'll see if I can get it off without damaging it.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Where did you get the Chrom door trim? I just received some rings from HMS Motorsport, but they were sold out of the door handle trim.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good points. I'm removing the door panel anyway as I need to replace the cloth on the door. Might as well do the trim on the handle at the same time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts