MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone - it has been a while.
I have been enjoying my spyder a lot lately and i noticed today while driving that my passenger door lock had not locked when i started the car. I then would try at different times to unlock and lock the locks using the switch in the dash. The locks would work at first but then by my third attempt would not work at all. This happens eveytime if I wait a few minutes and try again.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated on steps to take to diagnose.
Thanks in advance - pt

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
hello everyone - it has been a while.
I have been enjoying my spyder a lot lately and i noticed today while driving that my passenger door lock had not locked when i started the car. I then would try at different times to unlock and lock the locks using the switch in the dash. The locks would work at first but then by my third attempt would not work at all. This happens eveytime if I wait a few minutes and try again.
What do you mean by, "passenger door had not locked when i started the car"? My Spyder does not have any feature to automatically lock the doors when I put the car in gear (like my Solara does).

Do you have an aftermarket alarm system?

Rich

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
What do you mean by, "passenger door had not locked when i started the car"? My Spyder does not have any feature to automatically lock the doors when I put the car in gear (like my Solara does).

Do you have an aftermarket alarm system?

Rich
i think he has the factory alarm system which locks both doors when you turn the ignition to the "ON" position if both doors are closed.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
i think he has the factory alarm system which locks both doors when you turn the ignition to the "ON" position if both doors are closed.
I did not know that. My 2000 is not equipped with the RS3200 system.

Have you tried the reprogramming procedures on page 10?

Rich

·
Registered
802 Posts
My driver side power lock went out. It would sometimes lock, sometimes not. You could even watch it fail, like it was trying to move the locks but it wasn't strong enough to move it all the way. I ended up buying a new lock assembly and that fixed my issue

1 - 6 of 6 Posts