MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its time anyone have any recommendations not looking for anything mind blowing just wanna update the door speakers and dynamat the door panels Im running an aftermarket panasonic strada double din deck any help as always appreciated!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was able to snag some speakers from a Lexus IS300 off ebay for $20 shipped. I haven't tested them yet, but I hear they are a pretty good upgrade and don't require any other components.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I quite like my JBL Club 620C speakers. Did a write-up on them, plus a few other sound-related things.

Do yourself a favor and get some speaker baffles made from MDF to make the new speakers not vibrate the hell out of your door cards. More info on that in the linked thread.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I quite like my JBL Club 620C speakers. Did a write-up on them, plus a few other sound-related things.

Do yourself a favor and get some speaker baffles made from MDF to make the new speakers not vibrate the hell out of your door cards. More info on that in the linked thread.
Foam adhesive tape works very well to eliminate vibrations as well...as a plus it eliminates them from the speakers as well as typical driving over uneven roads since you outline both the speaker & the door card as a whole.

I also used it for my rear cubby doors, wind deflector....yea...all the 20 yr old convertible things.

Reactions: hardmode

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Bump what speakers are you guys running???
I’m using Focal speakers in the doors and an 8” Rockford Fosgate sub, all powered by an Alpine amp in the cubbies. Used the high density foam tape that Forminfunction talked about and has no rattles (or maybe I just can’t hear them over my tinnitus).
My wife’s car has Boston door speakers with a JL audio sub and the alpine amp but it doesn’t compare to the Focals and RF sub in mine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts