MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car threw a code that indicated the downstream O2 sensor was not providing a signal. Went to Rock Auto and ordered the Bosh replacement. It looks different. Is this the right sensor for that position? See photo. The new Bosh is on the left.
Spark plug Automotive tire Gas Wood Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
The difference is probably just 2 different manufacturers, Bosch and possibly Denso.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My new downstream O2 sensor showed a check engine light indicating the O2 heater was not working.

The electrical connection was secure. The wires were intact.

Remembering to always try the simplest fix first: I unplugged the gray O2 sensor electrical plug (sensor still on the car), inspected it, then reinserted it.

Check engine light is off.

I was lucky, but start simple.

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
My new downstream O2 sensor showed a check engine light indicating the O2 heater was not working.

The electrical connection was secure. The wires were intact.

Remembering to always try the simplest fix first: I unplugged the gray O2 sensor electrical plug (sensor still on the car), inspected it, then reinserted it.

Check engine light is off.

I was lucky, but start simple.
(y)(y)

·
Registered
2 Posts
The difference is probably just 2 different manufacturers, Bosch and possibly Denso.
VERY VERY DUMB?
02 smt! Just replaced liscense tag lights with led! 5 days later 141 code comes , would this be theasier problem? Like I said dumb question!,
Seems like every time I replace or change something! A frigen code comes up
Thoughts ideas?

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
VERY VERY DUMB?
02 smt! Just replaced liscense tag lights with led! 5 days later 141 code comes , would this be theasier problem? Like I said dumb question!,
Seems like every time I replace or change something! A frigen code comes up
Thoughts ideas?
With a 20 year old car, it’s common that consumable parts wear out. With SMT, I recommend you change the SMT fluid. Likely it’s 20 years old also, and it will be cause problems inside the SMT system. The fluid should
Be changed every 2 years or so. Use brake fluid only! A new Denso downstream ox sensor is only $50 on rockauto.
Font Material property Rectangle Parallel Signage

1 - 7 of 7 Posts