MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Curt, the BMW guys have nothing but positive reviews for taking care of small road rash type of chips. They've posted a lot of before and after photos, where it makes a dramatic difference. They do say it's more of a three foot improvement, if you get right next to it you can find the repaired low spots.

I'll be trying it myself on some small chips. I tried the Langka kit before and wasn't too impressed, their "blob remover" softens the touch-up paint to where it kept "unfilling" the chip I just touched up.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The guys over on 8th Civic.com (2006-2011 Civics, including the Si model which comes with a 2.0L I-VTEC engine (197 HP) and LSD in a 6-speed), have only good things to say about the Dr. Color Chip product. I need to touch up a few chips on the front of my Spyder after trailering it 1500 miles to Colorado (trying to keep up with the semi tractor-trailers running at the 75 MPH speed limit). And FWIW, my 16 foot Penske rental truck had a governer limiting it to 75 MPH (and the cruise control wouldn't engage at anything over 70 MPH).

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
When you use it, make sure you dab it directly on the chip and smear over it. The only bad review I've seen of it, the guy doing it came off as a complete moron. He was dabbing to the side of the chip and brushing it over, then using a washed microfiber towel to wipe the excess, effectively wiping all of it off.

The whole time I was watching it, I couldn't help but think if the guy was intentionally trying to make it fail.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I had an incredible amount or road rash from freeway driving. I bought some red Dr. Color Chip and put it on over a year ago. It did the job. You have to look extremely close to see the covered areas. It looks great from a normal viewing distance.

I now use http://www.eagleone.com/superior-nanowax-spray for a great shine. It doesn't leave a white residue like other waxes or polish. When people see my ride, they ask if it is new.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I still use good ol' nufinish. Twice a year I just hit the cars with swirl remover to take off the old and just throw a new coat on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.