MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I moved the spider to Florida it now has to set outside with just a car cover. After a rain the interior was wet. Drain holes were dirty so I cleaned them thoroughly. BUT I am still getting some water on the floor. (No water in the real compartments now) Any ideas?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Drain holes behind the seats? You may have cleaned the top, but what about the hole itself? it might be plugged. If you have access to a compressor, try blowing it out.
Other way to test this is pour some water there and see if it drain. Have a sponge or towel handing in case it doesn't.

Sorry, wish I could be more helpful.

·
Premium Member
1,932 Posts
Best thing to do is pop off the side vents and make sure the flaps are opening and water will flow freely. I think there is an old thread in the library on how to do this.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Best thing to do is pop off the side vents and make sure the flaps are opening and water will flow freely. I think there is an old thread in the library on how to do this.
Here are three threads to read that might be helpful for you.

http://www.spyderchat.com/forums/showthread.php?14157-Removing-Side-Air-Vents

http://www.spyderchat.com/forums/showthread.php?35988-how-to-remove-side-vents

http://www.spyderchat.com/forums/showthread.php?53-Removing-Side-Vents

Your best friend for researching stuff about the spyder is www.spydersearch.org

You are welcome. :wave:

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
... I am still getting some water on the floor. (No water in the real compartments now) Any ideas?
Is this water on the floor, in front of the seats? There is a pesky spot near the aft edge of the windscreen that always seems to dribble water down the door panels. Sometimes the little metal tabs get bent and cause trouble.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Drain holes behind the seats? You may have cleaned the top, but what about the hole itself? it might be plugged. If you have access to a compressor, try blowing it out.
Other way to test this is pour some water there and see if it drain. Have a sponge or towel handing in case it doesn't.

Sorry, wish I could be more helpful.
Yeah I did that Took the Vents off and flushed with a garden hose

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After my first post I did find these past post. My drains were dirty so I took the vent grill off and flush with a garden hose. This solved most of the problem but i'm still getting some wet carpet behind the seats.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is this water on the floor, in front of the seats? There is a pesky spot near the aft edge of the windscreen that always seems to dribble water down the door panels. Sometimes the little metal tabs get bent and cause trouble.
Wet carpet behind the seat. I Flushed the drains holes and that solved most of the problem. But I'm still getting wet carpet behind the seat

·
Registered
5,283 Posts
There is a drip rail around the top and rear deck. This channels into a fabric funnel that goes into the drain at the side vents. If the problem is not one of these areas there is a possibility the rubber around the windows in not sealing, assuming the top itself doesn't leak anywhere. Getting someone to help with a hose while you are inside may help locate the leak.

·
Registered
9,829 Posts
Did you actually look down the drain bag/hole in the top? Like lift the top halfway and find the drain hole and stick a hanger thru til you hit the bottom exit by the vent. Also bags could be ripped.

·
Registered
5,283 Posts
Paul, you never stop amazing me with your stitch work.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
There is a drip rail around the top and rear deck. This channels into a fabric funnel that goes into the drain at the side vents. If the problem is not one of these areas there is a possibility the rubber around the windows in not sealing, assuming the top itself doesn't leak anywhere. Getting someone to help with a hose while you are inside may help locate the leak.
I can't see a problem anywhere. I shall try the garden hose flush next. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
In my daughter's spyder, the skirt thing that is supposed to funnel water to the drain was rotted and torn. Plus it was ripped away from the drain. I stitched up a repair boot (of course) and poked in a shiny drain from the homewares section at Walmart.

How can I make one I’m having trouble with my drains the bag is starting to crack and it’s not connected to a upright position it just folds in and water seeeps in the back bin

1 - 16 of 16 Posts