MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Driver side CV axle is bad, replacement price insane. 02 MR2

I'm unable to find a replacement part for my 2002 MR2 expect at the dealer, they are wanting 500 dollars for it. I can't find any aftermarket replacements. Is the CV axles for the celica the same, or does the MR2 have shorter/longer shafts? I can get aftermarket celica replacements for around 100 locally. Has anyone run into this problem before? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
SOMEWHERE I have a Link to MR2 Axles..

I'll have to Hunt.. I've Posted it before.. I'll 'SEARCH' for you..

'Bout $75 Each Axle.. NEW.. except they are Listed as FRONT Axles.. I guess we been putting the Motor in the Wrong end O the Car...

Cap

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I lost my old account info so I created a new one, when I got my 02 with 18k miles on it I replaced the precats with a che header, now at 106k, not much oil loss expect from a very small leak at the valve cover. Thanks for link cap, although the link says 2003-2005 should work on my 02 right?

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
2003-2005 should work on my 02 right?
Good Question..

I remember SOMETHING about the '03 Up having Suspension Parts Different.. Not Sure About Axle Length..

Someone Smarter than I will have to Answer that One..

Cap

·
Registered
627 Posts
Does anyone know if the Duralast Reman/CV Axle from autozone is any good? its the only place I can find it for my 2000

here is the link

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/CV-Axle/_/N-6o2dc?filterByKeyWord=axle&fromString=search&vehicleIdForService=224970121&_requestid=5743
They should be good, they have a lifetime warranty. Although I have not had to replace my axles with ones from autozone my bro buys axles from there all the time for his customers and they seem to hold up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts