MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my car shipped back from overseas and sometime during it's 30 day voyage the driver side window decided to stop working at all. Never once had an issue with it before so hoping the motor didn't crap out randomly. Trying to see if this is going to be something simple or a bad window motor. Symptoms are;
-No D/S window movement in either direction at all
-P/S window works as advertised.
-D/S switch (seems) to work. when depressed it clicks like something's happening.
-No fuses seem to be blown

Any help would be great!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
new twist

played with it some during the day though i'm pretty limited as to what i can do since I'm living out of a hotel room and have nothing other than my gerber for tools until I can get moved into my house/get all my stuff delivered.

there wasn't anything obvious on a brief look over with the door panel removed. The real twist to the story is that when I got in a little while ago just for shits and grins I hit the button and voila it works. The key difference is that it's not only 20-30 degrees cooler out but dark as well. Now yea it's great that it works and all however knowing how incredibly hot to the touch the motor was with the Georgia sun heating it up through the black doors I'm thinking that it's the motor and that it's about to crap out soon..

Does this sound about right to anyone? I'm a damn good aircraft engine mechanic but when it comes to cars I'm pretty hit or miss, it just seems like something an electric motor could be pretty capable of doing.

·
Registered
2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2.0L Stroker
4,206 Posts
I was just thinking this right now. I had the same situation happen to me awhile back. My drivers side woould work 95% of the time then quit. Sometimes it would go up just a bit then shut off. I decided to look at my switch and I found a small crack in the circuit board. Not sure if its the same issue and why it happened but thats what I found was wrong with mine so far. I have the replacement but I havent checked to see if that will correct that issue. Just a FYI.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.