MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished a new batch of Team Moon dual baffles today. They are ready to go for anyone who needs one. Only one is required in the driver's side outlet to eliminate drone and quieten the system down just a little bit. This does not involve any unwanted restriction or power loss. PM for price and shipping details.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I'm interested, but how does this hold in. Is this screwed in? Do I need to drill? Does anybody have a picture of how this is installed.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm interested, but how does this hold in. Is this screwed in? Do I need to drill? Does anybody have a picture of how this is installed.
No drilling required,you just loosen the set screws and nuts on the baffle,push it in till it bottoms out then tighten the set scews and nuts down,it holds firm and solid.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I received one of these from Mark yesterday and I could not be happier! I loved my TM dual, but my neighbor did not. We are both happy now. I was a bit worried that I would lose too much of that good sound, but this compromise, to me at least, is perfect. The system still sounds great, but as Mark says, the drone is essentially gone and the overall volume reduced just a bit. Thank you Mark!

·
Registered
770 Posts
If you buy the baffle from Mark it comes with a complete block plate and a partial block plate (the one with the holes). Even with the partial block plate, once installed, you will notice that almost no exhaust is actually exiting on the driver side while all the exhaust is exiting the passenger side.

I was able to somewhat balance the exiting exhaust by drilling the holes in the baffle just slightly larger on the back plate and the front plate (about 1/16" larger diameter). The exiting exhaust flow is now more even and the drone is still muffled. I am pleased with the result.

This is just an idea that I implemented. If you have the baffle and want to even the airflow, this is the way I did it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts