MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a late comer to Spyder ownership, I missed out on a lot of the earlier and I'm guessing better quality body kits that were more commonly available during the get-go of the Spyder.

From what body kits are readily available today (I'm basically talking Andys Auto Sport body kits really), which kits are considered the most durable?

I want to put a body kit on, but have heard horror stories of some of the kits that are still available today cracking real easy or just being made of material that can't hold up to everyday driving.

Opinions?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Knockoff kits are just that. Dont expect too much. Fiberglass might be thicker then the original but fitment might be off. VIS kits are decent. I've used some from Extreme Dimension before and they are decent as well.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Duraflex, plastic and fiberglass mixed, shit actually bends and doesnt chip like just fiberglass. Ive had my kit, spotless for 3 years, cars lowered and drive in ma/nh

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
If you're interested in making a bodykit more durable, check out page 6 of Dabeny's build. One of the prettier builds, it's a shame he sold it.

Back to the point, Ben backed the front bumper with spray foam, carbon matte and fiberglass. I figure that if I ever replace the front bumper, I'll be taking a page from his book.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts