MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
good job. Seems like it would be a lot of fun to drive around.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Nicely done. You'll have to update your signature now. No more "unknown HP" :)

·
Registered
495 Posts
1zz or 2zz sorry can't see your signature on tapatalk, if it's there

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Your A/F isn't flat at all, was it your fuel pressure or was it your tune? Do you have a fuel pump? How much boost are you running, and what injector size and standalone?

·
Registered
971 Posts
fuel pressure dropped , from 55 to 40 or less at high rpm. injectors were maxed out at that pressure. tune wasn't finished, it was stopped because of fuel problems. no use fixing a graph that will change completely after the pump is changed.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Awesome, and the curves look great. What turbo, and same question about stock internals or not?

Great job so far. How much more HP do you want ? ? ?

Never mind about the turbo, missed it in your sig the first time.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Awesome, and the curves look great. What turbo, and same question about stock internals or not?

Great job so far. How much more HP do you want ? ? ?

Never mind about the turbo, missed it in your sig the first time.
I am interested in what you have done to the internals.
crower rods and wiseco pistons 79.5mm comp 8.8

looking for 350whp

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
crower rods and wiseco pistons 79.5mm comp 8.8

looking for 350whp
I'm thinking you'll get there, thanks and good luck.

I got mine re-done with the MWR forged rods and stuck with the 10:1 Wiseco pistons, but I'm only looking for 225-35 or so.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I can't believe you didn't told us .... :eek: congrats on your new~ numbers. Good luck with the new fuel pump.
-_-

·
Super Moderator
3,303 Posts
You know if you boosted your car, fueled it on E85, and controlled it with a stand-alone you could have one bad ass machine on your hands.
I'm thinking you'll get there, thanks and good luck.

I got mine re-done with the MWR forged rods and stuck with the 10:1 Wiseco pistons, but I'm only looking for 225-35 or so.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
You know if you boosted your car, fueled it on E85, and controlled it with a stand-alone you could have one bad ass machine on your hands.
I'm learning the math, right now I'm trying to decide between a .48 and .63 A/R on a Garrett T3 50 or 60 trim with an A/A inter-cooler but I'm going to use the AEM piggyback F/IC that allows both timing and fuel adjustments. I want to keep the OBDII port active and the car passing smog without changes. Still in the planning stages, and the learning stages for me. Trying to really understand the flow charts, etc. I'm still not clear on the differences the A/R and trim will make, but I'm working on it.

I want to use a custom turbo manifold the guys who have been working on the car will make for me, and have them fabricate a down pipe to go with my stock TRD cat-back exhaust.

I'm sort of slow on the uptake sometimes . . .

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
using the trd cat back for the turbo is not such a good idea lot of back-pressure.... also use better a greddy emanage instead of a AME FIC and for turbo choice a GT28RS works wonders for the power you want

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
using the trd cat back for the turbo is not such a good idea lot of back-pressure.... also use better a greddy emanage instead of a AME FIC and for turbo choice a GT28RS works wonders for the power you want
I want it to be quiet, and for the torque to peak earlier. Looking at the MWR kit with the GT28RS it looks like I would have to tone it down to get where I want to go, that's what put me onto the custom route.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I want it to be quiet, and for the torque to peak earlier. Looking at the MWR kit with the GT28RS it looks like I would have to tone it down to get where I want to go, that's what put me onto the custom route.
Your torque won't peak faster with a more restrictive exhaust - the turbo will hit full boost slower. You want the exhaust post turbo to be as big and unrestrictive as possible, as long as you can tolerate the noise. Pressure will build up pre turbo, and the lower the pressure post turbo, the quicker the turbine will spin to produce boost (faster air moving through the turbine). The faster you allow the exhaust to exit, the better.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts