MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello every one, I am new to forums and am not sure if this has been covered yet. I am looking for some helpfully tips and tricks for installing an eaton M90 supercharger on my 02 MR2 spyder. I am also new to the forced induction arena, I have always done N/A. I have desided to install the M90 supercharger but am not sure of what all I would need other then the SC and belt. I know that I will need a way to mount the SC to the motor but I am not sure if there is an intake block that will fit the Eaton SC to my 1zzfe in place of my intake manifold? I am working with a budget so the rotrex system is out of question right now. I am trying stay under $1K and if that is even possible? I would also like to stay under 10psi until and can rebuild the internals of my motor. If any one has completed this project and could have some helpful insight, that would be great! Thank you so much for your guys time.

·
Registered
495 Posts
An m90 was done on a 1zz look up the carver charger. I was trying to put one on my 2zz but that's on hold. You'll need engine mangement, fuel upgrades, are you planning on intercooling? You'll need a custom intake manifold unless you mount on the exhaust side. Keeping it under 1k will be touch unless you do a lot of the fabrication yourself. Look up my thread "my m90 project", that might help a bit. Littlerocket is supposed to be making a cheap m90 kit that mounts on the exhaust side of the engine. Hope this helps....

·
Registered
10,033 Posts
If you are new to forums, my first bit of advice is to be prepared to see responses from people that you wont really think are nice. This is the internet, and not a casual conversation among real people....so the normal social filters that keep people behaving civily sometimes don't get used. Being new to forums, everyone expects you to search for answer to a question that seems likely to have been asked before (a TRD SC question falls into that category). The best way to search these and other related forums is Spydersearch.org .

As for your question...none of what you mention is possible for $1000 or less. I'd also say none of what you mention is reliably possible for 3, maybe 4 times that much money either. Stick to NA and handling/braces.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Trying to be kind here, but you need-
1. More general knowledge about supercharging;
2. More specific knowledge about the Eaton;
3. More wrenching experience and expertise;
4. More money (a lot of it); and
5. More common sense.
As they're fond of saying down in Texas, "All hat and no cattle." You might want to shop for a chin-strap for that 10-gallon hat.

http://www.spydersearch.org/results.php?q=Eaton M90
And while I don't know if other 1ZZ/2ZZ platforms have successfully used that Eaton, you might want to start with a search on NewCelica.org.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Welcome Jlstmary,

For $1000, the engine management and tuning alone for what you want isn't possible. That said, look around on here, stay a while. You'll find some great parts (unavailable elsewhere), some expert knowledge and a bit of fun. If you really want to do the supercharger, save up 8 or 9K, and have a contingency fund.

You have any pictures of your car? Color, transmission, mods to date?

Cheers!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you lushman and nrojas you have been been helpful in ur information. I wish I could open the carver file but it just keeps coming back with an error message. I am really interested in the littlerocket system if it will keep me from pulling my motor or cutting through my firewall. Nrojas I will be checking out your m90 project because I like to see people do things out of the box. I will post some pictures of my mr2 spyder project.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts