MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well turns out OSgiken dont make an LSD for this application anymore and their service and response has been sub par at best.

I have reached out to a number of different companies and Quaife has said that they would more than happy to run a batch of 10.
So we would need to send them a center and organise a group buy.

I will put my hand up for one and I have 2 others from a Scion TC forum that are keen making 3 total.
So if we can get another 7 in here we will be on our way. Even if we get 8 or something we might be able to twist their arm.

Only thing is we will need to ship them a center for measurement.
Might take 2 months from shipping till we get them in our sweaty hands which is why it would be good to make a move on this.

Just as a side note the quaife units are significantly cheaper than the OSgiken. I think for a group buy they would be under 1000USD posted.
As opposed to 1500USD + post for the OS units.

List of people who are in:
1 - roadblaster
2 - illatouch
3 - Isaiah Byrd
4 - Gouky
5 - Randy (said he doesn't want one but if we get stuck at 8 or 9 people and are desperate he will reconsider at the time)
6 - karmality
7 - Mschol17

illatouch has offered up his housing and crownwheel to be sent to Quaife when his transmission arrives.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
added 2 more to the list
getting there!
If you now anyone interested appreciate if you can contact them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm interested...

Looking to begin collecting pieces for the 2ar swap sometime in the next 12+ months, so no rush but definitely interested..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you're not after one in this group buy only real option would be next batch of 10 and who knows if/when that may be.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
What kid of warranty does OSG have? Quaife has a lifetime warranty. Even when raced.
Why would you need to send them a unit to measure? They made the LSD in the past so they have the measurements.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not sure on OS warranty but I'm sure if a unit was faulty in some way due to manufacturing defect they would look after you. As for worn clutches etc they offer a repair service.

Quaife hasn't made this unit before and specifically asked for a unit if we proceeded.

OS was the only global manufacturer of an LSD for this application in the past.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 more added we are making progress!
Pending price of shipping for the centre I also think it might be appropriate for us to divide the cost by 10 and all chip in 5 or 10 towards final price rather than one individual wearing the shipping cost on their own. They are offering enough to make it available to begin with.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Are they only willing to do a run of exactly 10? Or was 10 just their minimum for a single run? If they are willing to do a larger run then maybe ship the reference diff to them at 10 total but just keep collecting names until they come back with the info and exact price, and split the reference diff shipping between everyone onboard then? Maybe it is foolish to think there will be more jumping on after 10 but there are probably others like me who aren’t able to bite the bullet right now(pandemic) but will have a better outlook in a couple months.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Are they only willing to do a run of exactly 10? Or was 10 just their minimum for a single run? If they are willing to do a larger run then maybe ship the reference diff to them at 10 total but just keep collecting names until they come back with the info and exact price, and split the reference diff shipping between everyone onboard then? Maybe it is foolish to think there will be more jumping on after 10 but there are probably others like me who aren’t able to bite the bullet right now(pandemic) but will have a better outlook in a couple months.
I have a feeling you're going to have more than enough time. It's not easy getting 10 because you know there's going to be a couple that won't follow through. I'm 100% in

1 - 18 of 18 Posts