MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to put the MR2 spyder emblems back on the rear. I bought the 3M plastic emblem adhesive and spent about 30 minutes measuring and placing painters tape to map so the emblem went back in OEM placement. Starting putting the emblem adhesive on and before i finished the "2" of MR2 the adhesive had already starting curing. I don't see how with such a stringy product and the small letters of "MR2 spyder" it is possible to use this product. I think this product would be great for large emblems where you don't have to worry about the adhesive showing around the emblem because you have such a large surface area to work with. The midship runabout emblem for example would be no problem for this adhesive but the letters seem problematic.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Double sided tape, exacto knife...and get 'er done. I've only ever used regular 3M double sided tape for emblems with 0 issues. It takes more time to carve the tape but it's what I had on hand and it worked well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am looking to put the MR2 spyder emblems back on the rear. I bought the 3M plastic emblem adhesive and spent about 30 minutes measuring and placing painters tape to map so the emblem went back in OEM placement. Starting putting the emblem adhesive on and before i finished the "2" of MR2 the adhesive had already starting curing. I don't see how with such a stringy product and the small letters of "MR2 spyder" it is possible to use this product. I think this product would be great for large emblems where you don't have to worry about the adhesive showing around the emblem because you have such a large surface area to work with. The midship runabout emblem for example would be no problem for this adhesive but the letters seem problematic.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
use 3M press in place adhesive for emblems

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Oh man... you were using the stuff in a tube? I've looked at that before and always figured that what happened to you would happen to me. I guess you proved it.

What these guys said, use the 3M tape. I use the heavy duty stuff, it's dark grey with a red peel off backing. It's excessively strong.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Double sided tape, exacto knife...and get 'er done. I've only ever used regular 3M double sided tape for emblems with 0 issues. It takes more time to carve the tape but it's what I had on hand and it worked well.
just ordered some. Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just ordered some. Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh man... you were using the stuff in a tube? I've looked at that before and always figured that what happened to you would happen to me. I guess you proved it.

What these guys said, use the 3M tape. I use the heavy duty stuff, it's dark grey with a red peel off backing. It's excessively strong.
Lol. Yep. Tube sucks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts