MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know the bolt size that hold the engine cover onto the valve cover? The rear nuts are fine, except my two front bolts were missing ever since i bought the car...

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
I went to the local hardware store and got 2 M6(6mm) x 10mm machine screws and 2 chrome caps with the same size thread and 4 washers.

·
Premium Member
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went to the local hardware store and got 2 M6(6mm) x 10mm machine screws and 2 chrome caps with the same size thread and 4 washers.
thanks ill hit up the local HD soon... the prior owner tried to use panel clips and they aren't even long enough to bite into the valve cover..

·
Registered
350 Posts
If you're talking about the "front" of the engine which is towards the rear of the car the original fasteners are some kind of plastic thingy. I don't know how they work; I've never taken off the cover.

·
Premium Member
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you're talking about the "front" of the engine which is towards the rear of the car the original fasteners are some kind of plastic thingy. I don't know how they work; I've never taken off the cover.
sorry for the confusion.. yes i mean towards the rear of the car side of the engine...

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
The plastic thingies usually break when removed.The holes are threaded though.

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
I have had the plastic cover off the cam cover a couple of times. I just lost one of the plastic push button fasteners off the rear. I will be replacing them with 6mm x 1.0 studs and acorn nuts like the forward side. Glad I lost one because I don't like them to begin with.

·
Premium Member
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i went to home depot yesterday... worked like a charm... i got the M6 x 1.0 (12mm) thanks!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts