MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have not been printing long, and finally got some new material which seems to be in shorter supply and more expensive these days.

Ender 3 Pro is a briiliant starter to get into 3D. 18 months ago I got mine for US$220

The vents are split into quadrants because of bed size limitation.
First quarter piece printed...

I like the aluminium effect of this silver silk filament but will probably paint to get some weather resistance

... For individuality ( Appearance Mod), perhaps increases air drawn out the vents

·
Registered
816 Posts
Cure my ignorance, please. Are these for looks, or do they have a function? Do they somehow increase airflow?

I'm interested to see them completed.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Cure my ignorance, please. Are these for looks, or do they have a function? Do they somehow increase airflow?

I'm interested to see them completed.
For our car it seems purely aesthetic as we already have the vents. The website someone referenced makes hood louvres to be installed to vent air out of the hood to reduce engine bay temps (or for ricers on a boss level mission). I’ve seen a few Spyders with a vented front hood design like this to evacuate air after it passes through their inter cooler & radiator which IMO is a great aggressive yet functional look for a high performance build.

Reactions: pwnzor

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

This is partly a customization to have modded something to be unique or look different

Velocity stacks on carburettors improve air flow because a fully radiused opening increases the coefficient of discharge

Raising the openings away from lid surface (stagnant boundary layer) and fully rounding them should improve air movement

cheap vent - look familiar?

AW11 S/C lid with detailed bar vent above SuperCharger intercooler (the right hand one is a dummy with no openings to look like left side). Toyota could have reused the same part on right but would probably make left vent less efficient/effective

... Toyota cheaped out on the SW20 and ZZW30

·
Registered
68 Posts
There's no need without an intercooler below the vents. But I am curious how it would look on the spyder.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
... I guess i can haul some Steamer Trunks for those getaways

have completed both sides but will reprint 1 quarter

1 - 11 of 11 Posts