MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped at a red light. Then decided to put it in neutral. When I put it in first my smt light was flashing. Wishing that it would shift in to first. So I turned off my car and turned it back on and it worked. Now I have a check engine light. Any suggestions.??? Before I take to get checked and get overpriced fixture.

·
Registered
5,629 Posts
P1781 - Shift Lever Switch Malfunction

The Shifter that is located in the Center.. has some problems with the Switches not alingning properly..

use the Steering wheel buttons insted..

then see if you can get a replacement shifter for a parted SMT..

Could take it to the Dealer.. But I would not do It $$$$$$

Cap

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

The Shifter that is located in the Center.. has some problems with the Switches not alingning properly..

Cap
Well that sucks..:mellow: now where can i find a replacement? ANYONE!!!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
test drive the car with the wheel shifters first and see if that indeed resolves the issue (codes are not 100%) then you will need to put up a WTB add or source the part from Mr. T
YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME> THANK YOU FOR THE HELP. :lol: NOw TO see if Mr. T is around. after i run the car with the shifters. hoping it gets resolved :)

·
Registered
5,629 Posts
If you go Visit Mr T.. Bring Condoms and Lube!..

Do not Recomend it.. I like a good Diner before I get Screwed.. even if I have to Buy..

Cap

·
Registered
7,645 Posts
You spent $80 on a code reader, which is the minimum it would have cost you at the dealership to learn the same info, except now you have a very handy tool to help diagnose future problems without having to give the dealer money.

On the part, IIRC, there is a part-out of an SMT car in the private sales section on this site. PM the member, he may have what you need.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
You spent $80 on a code reader, which is the minimum it would have cost you at the dealership to learn the same info, except now you have a very handy tool to help diagnose future problems without having to give the dealer money.

On the part, IIRC, there is a part-out of an SMT car in the private sales section on this site. PM the member, he may have what you need.
FUZ16 (Fred) was parting out IIRC an 03 SMT. You might send him a PM (Private Message). Hope that helps.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

You are right my friend.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Cap
Will I need the shifter only or will I need the shifter and..the shifter ecu too.?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
If it only did it the once i would just pull out your shift unit and hit the switches with electrical cleaner. You have an open air vehicle and dust particles can get into the tiniest of places.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts