MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone point me in the right direction?

upon start up my engine revs to 4000 +++ rpm then dies within a few seconds.

ive got a trd supercharger, pfc ecu and i cant seem to diagnose it.

so far ive put in a new maf, o2 sensor, and swapped a whole throttle body.

and help would be sincerely appreciated,

thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
ck the pfc...i haven't been fortunate with them

·
Registered
553 Posts
Did the battery die at any point in time?

Fuel wise was the tank full? Any additives mixed in?

Notice any vacuum leaks?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Battery has died at a point.
There's two nipples on the bypass valve and one is sucking vacume like crazy but never had a line on it.
I don't know if the valve itself is stuck or if the actuator has a bad diaphram.
Dose anyone know if these actuators should leak vacume? Or are the two nipples isolated?
Also how could I check the tune on my pfc?
Also in the Trd setup I see a solenoid that should be on that nipple, dose the pfc support the same solenoid?

Thanks again guys I really appreciate the help

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
I think most Eaton superchargers are similar. My answer was based on stuff I've read about Miatas. A Google search would probably give you the best results. Maybe try the supercharger section of miata.net

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
"revs up to 4000 rpm" -- that should be easy to diagnose... it means more air is entering the system than intended. First thing I'd do is plug the open nipple -- while I can't picture which one it is and why, an opening "sucking vacuum like crazy" should probably never be found in your engine bay. If that doesn't solve the 4K RPM issue, next step is to unplug the ISV at the throttle body. Keep going; there's a leak somewhere.

"then suddenly dies" -- well, that could be anything. Who originally tuned your PFC?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Battery has died at a point.
There's two nipples on the bypass valve and one is sucking vacume like crazy but never had a line on it.
I don't know if the valve itself is stuck or if the actuator has a bad diaphram.
Dose anyone know if these actuators should leak vacume? Or are the two nipples isolated?
Also how could I check the tune on my pfc?
Also in the Trd setup I see a solenoid that should be on that nipple, dose the pfc support the same solenoid?

Thanks again guys I really appreciate the help
The second nipple on the actuator should be open the atmosphere. If air is being pulled in there, something in wrong with the actuator. The spring diaphragm could be ruptured.

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
""then suddenly dies" -- well, that could be anything. Who originally tuned your PFC?
I interpret this as the ECU freaking out about the fact that the car has zero throttle, yet is getting enough ear to rev to 4000 RPM. Wouldn't that be seriously lean?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts